Data Analyst Higher Apprenticeship
About this course
Our Level 4 Data Analyst Higher Apprenticeship provides the knowledge, skills and understanding to create business insight by applying data analysis tools and concepts.
The programme includes a Certificate of Higher Education in Data Science.
Designed to be relevant, practical and challenging, to develop:
- High performance computing facilities for data science and analysis
- Employer-based learning to address real opportunities
- Teaching staff who draw on industry experience as researchers or consultants
- Assignments based on current business challenges
- Apprenticeship co-ordinator links employer and apprentice to University
Who is it for?
- Those with career aspirations in management
- Data Analyst, Data Manager, Data Scientist, Data Modeller, Data Architect, Data Engineer
- Open to new or existing staff
- Open to graduates if their degree does not include in-depth study of data analytics
- Those progressing from a lower-level apprenticeship
How the programme is delivered
The course can be configured to suit employer needs and is usually delivered one day per week off-the-job. There is the option of delivery at the workplace for groups of twelve or more.
Apprentices extend their classroom learning through their workplace practice, collecting evidence of their learning applied.
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Spreadsheet Analytics
- Introduction Data Modelling
- Data Visualisation
- Systems modelling and Database Design
- Work-based project agreed with the employer
The programme duration is typically 18 - 24 months.
Qualifications include Certificate of Higher Education in Data Science.
Why the University of Bedfordshire?
- Campuses in Bedford, Luton, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury.
- We place strong emphasis on practical and professional skills alongside high quality education and training. Many of our programmes successfully combine employment with professional studies.
- Employers and apprentices are supported by experienced Apprenticeship Co-ordinators, through workplace visits and regular reviews.
- TEF Silver – Proud to achieve Silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework
- Commended by the QAA for the high quality and standards of our higher education provision (QAA 2015)
- Top 250 University under 50 years old (THE 2020)
- 8th in the country in the University Green League (People and Planet 2019)
- Eco Campus Platinum award (2020)
- Continued investment in facilities for our students. Most significantly we opened a £40m STEM building at our Luton campus in 2019.
- Our apprenticeship programmes can be configured to suit employers’ specific needs.