I have over fifteen years’ experience in the Higher Education sector; I have worked as a lecturer, researcher, academic tutor and learning developer. My professional and academic experience spans Education, Social science, Widening participation, Business and Linguistics.
- BA (Hons, 1st) Public Relations
- MBA Marketing
- Professional Doctorate in Leadership in Children’s and Young People’s services
- British Education Research Association (BERA)
- Association for Learning Development in Higher Education (ALDinHE)
- Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- British Sociological Association (BSA)
- Widening Access, Student Retention and Success (WASRS), HEA
- Design and delivery of the Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education (PgCTHE)
- Supporting academic staff in their teaching and learning practice
- Promoting and embedding technology-enhanced learning
- Facilitating the running of the Professional Teaching scheme
- Contributing to the Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) project
Research and publications
My doctoral research focused on risk and resilience, and resilience framework as a holistic approach to complex realities and life journeys. It is still very much my research interest, alongside reflective pedagogies, learner identity; student agency; transitions and turning points.
I also have a strong interest in multidisciplinary research and collaborations, as well as the dynamic between criticality and creativity in the higher education curriculum.
I have published work on history of childhood, participation in higher education and experiences of UK migrants. I have presented at seventeen conferences in the UK, Canada and Europe.
- Critical reader, C4EO (Resilience resource)
- Consultant, Queen’s University Belfast (Resilience for Postgraduate researchers)
- TEDx Speaker, TEDx Bedford (Resilience)
- Steering group member, ALDinHE
- Chair, ALDinHE Research and Development working group
I spend my free time
Reading and taking photographs