About the course
Effective project management is the key to the success of organisations across all sectors. This flexible course provides you with a multidisciplinary professional skill set including planning and resource management while building your transferable skills in areas like communication and leadership.
The course provides a platform for you to develop the advanced theoretical and practical skills you need to perform successfully at a senior management level. You study the management of challenging projects – including projects for global companies over international boundaries - on a course developed with professional bodies and leading specialists ensuring your learning reflects current and best practice.
Thanks to our practice-based approach you develop your skills via all-important real-life experience of managing real projects. This approach enables you to use and critically assess your learnt knowledge of project management methodologies theories issues tools and techniques.
This course is accredited by the Association for Project Management with areas of knowledge specified by the Project Management Institute.
Why choose this course?
- Start when it most suits you with six entry points through the year; every taught unit is delivered in a six-week block
- Explore project entrepreneurship; contract and procurement management; financial analysis; the human side of management; client delivery; risk and quality management; and other essential business subjects
- Access valuable PRINCE2 Project Management Foundation and Practitioner training
- Explore international approaches to project management practice such as the widely used Project Management Body of Knowledge developed in the USA by the Project Management Institute
- Learn how project management can incorporate sustainable business solutions
- In your final Capstone project choose one of three options - dissertation live project or professional practice
- Association for Project Management
What will you study?
- Leading People In Creative Teams (SHR079-6) Compulsory
- Project And Operations Management (BSS052-6) Compulsory
- Project Management Practice (BSS049-6) Compulsory
- Risk And Procurement Management (BSS054-6) Compulsory
How will you be assessed?
The Course's Assessment Strategy includes: Individual Written Report or Essays: The ability to perform literature informed research to review and evaluate the relevant sources and to use an appropriate methodology in order to analyze and evaluate the relevant concepts is being assessed. At the same time student academic integrity is developed. Case Study Examination: Students will apply their knowledge in the context of specific cases. Oral Presentation: A number of transferable skills will be developed Reflective Report: Own work and that of peers will be evaluated
By completing this PgDip course you will have the skills needed to find career opportunities in the following industries/areas: media; sport and leisure; government; financial services; construction; hospitality; engineering; electronics; IT; telecoms; the health services.
You may also wish to continue your studies to again a full MSc in project management or a related area.