Guide to ucas
Your guide to applying through UCAS in 8 steps
1. Create a password and the UCAS Apply system will generate a username for you.
2. You can then login and start completing the sections of the application form.
This includes your personal details, name etc, additional information, course choices, education, employment history, personal statement and reference. This is for UK applicants only.
3. Read each section and answer each question. Click on the question mark icons or on the 'Help' link for further advice.
4. Copy in your personal statement.
5. Review all details to ensure that the information you’ve entered is correct, then read and sign the declaration.
6. Make sure all sections of the application form are ticked as complete.
7. If you’re paying for your application online and not through a school or college, you can add your card details and click ‘make payment’.
8. Your application is then sent to UCAS or, if you’re applying through a school or college, it will go through to your referee so that they can add the reference prior to submitting your application.