Our Student Support teams are here to help you whether you are on campus or at home!
The health and wellbeing of our students is so importance to us and the University of Bedfordshire has a wide range of support and resources to help you during your studies.
On Campus Support:
If you’re on campus you can visit our Student Support teams in person
- Luton campus: Student Support is based on the second floor of the Campus Centre.
- Bedford campus: Student Support is based near The Hub in P Block, P0.31a.
- At our Milton Keynes & Aylesbury campuses you can book an appointment via the main reception desk.
Online & Away from Campus Support:
If you would prefer to speak to our teams online or if you’re away from campus you can still access all of our student support services remotely.
- Student Engagement Team – The Student Engagement team provides general support and advice to students on a wide range of issues that might include factors impacting on their attendance, ability to submit work and progression on their course. Please contact the team via email: Student.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mental Health Team – If you feel that you may be experiencing some difficulties with your mental health or have been given a formal diagnosis then the Mental Health team may be able to help you. The friendly team are here to provide confidential support at any point during your time at the University of Bedfordshire. Please contact them via email to book an appointment: Mentalhealth@beds.ac.uk
- Mitigation Team – The Mitigation team’s main role is to support students through the process of applying for extensions and re-assessments where mitigating circumstances may prevent you from carrying out your academic work or meeting work deadlines. Please contact the team via email: Mitigation@beds.ac.uk
- SiD Team – For all general student queries & assistance please contact the Student Information Desk team. If you wish to access other Student Support services by phone or are unsure of who to speak to our SiD team can refer you to the appropriate member of staff to speak to. Contact the team via email: Sid@beds.ac.uk or by phone: 0300 300 0042
- Careers Team – For support with employment, careers & placements please contact the Careers & Employability team via email or you can visit their offices on campus: Careers@beds.ac.uk
- Disability Team (including dyslexia support) – Our team aim to provide a student-centred, friendly and positive service: we will always treat you with dignity and respect, and will strive to understand the difficulties you are experiencing whatever their nature. For support with your study needs all year round from application and throughout your course please speak to our team via email: Disability@beds.ac.uk
- Student Money Advice Team – The Student Money Advice team offers confidential financial advice, information and support. If you have any money worries our advisors are able to give you general advice on a range of issues and will point you towards alternative sources of funding that may be available to you. Please contact the team via email: Studentmoney@beds.ac.uk
- Counselling Team – Our Counselling team are here if you are experiencing any problems of a personal or emotional nature that may be interfering with your academic work and your life. Counselling offers you the opportunity to talk in confidence with someone who is impartial and separate from work, social and family life. Please contact the team via email to book an appointment: Counselling@beds.ac.uk or CounsellingBedford@beds.ac.uk (Bedford Campus)
- Community & Faith Team – The Community and Faith teams provide confidential support to all students of all faiths and beliefs. The friendly team are available to give you time, to listen, to help you find the guidance you need, to make friends and if you wish, to pray with you. Please contact the team via email: Chaplaincy@beds.ac.uk or by phone: +44 (0)1582 743360 (Luton Campus) +44 (0)1234 793177 (Bedford Campus)
- Final Year Support - If you are in you final year of studies there are a range of services available to help you achieve your goals. Visit the site here.
If you wish to speak to our student support services by phone where a number is not stated above please call the Student Information Desk first who will be able to direct your call to the appropriate team: 0300 300 0042.
Additional Support Options:
Alongside our main Student Support Teams above there are also some additional Student Support options:
- Talk to your Personal Academic Tutor (PAT) or Unit Leader about any concerns relating to your work, exams/assignments and your course. You can find out who your PAT is by logging into your E-vision account
- Visit the Study Hub if you require academic writing, numeracy or literacy help.
- Post a comment at Student Voice to give your feedback to the the University and Beds SU.
- Speak to your Students' Union, Beds SU have a range of services you can access as a student.
- Talk to your Academic Representative for your course (You can find your Academic Rep by using the "Find my Rep" tool).
- Speak to us via message on Social Media if you have any general queries or don’t know which support team you need to speak to and we’ll do our best to assist you!
You can see more detailed information about all of our teams in the Student Support section of our website here.