Cybersecurity Technical Professional
About the course
- Our Cybersecurity Technical Professional degree apprenticeship provides the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to research, analyse, model, assess and manage cybersecurity risks.
- Teaching staff draw on industry experience as researchers or consultants
- Studies are aligned to Institute of Information Security Professional membership at associate level
- Classes take place in state-of-the-art computing laboratories
- Apprenticeship co-ordinator links employer and apprentice to University
Who is it for?
- Staff working in technology with a degree in another subject looking to underpin and develop their subject knowledge
- Employers supporting those moving into a skilled role as a Cybersecurity Technical Professional
- Open to new or existing staff
- Open to graduates if their degree does not include in-depth study of computer security and forensics
- Open to those progressing from a lower level apprenticeship
How the programme is delivered
Flexible delivery can be configured to suit employers, usually based on short blocks of study or day release. There is the option of delivery at the workplace to groups of ten or more.
- Foundations of Cybersecurity, its significance, concepts,threats, vulnerabilities and assurance
- Network foundations, connections, internet-working, protocols, standards, performance, security and server virtualisation
- Information Management, big data concepts, mathematical techniques, database concepts and data quality
- Computer architecture, digital logic, machine level representation of data
- Programming Languages
- Algorithms, complexity and discrete maths
- Software construction
- Malware, reverse engineering and obfuscation
- Risk Modelling, Analysis, Tools and Techniques
- Information Security policy, legal/regulatory requirements and ethics
The programme typically lasts 48 months.
Qualifications include BSc Cybersecurity
English and Maths to Level 2 included if not held at entry
Why University of Bedfordshire?
- Campuses in Bedford, Luton, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury
- We place strong emphasis on practical and professional skills alongside high quality education and training. Many of our programmes successfully combine employment with professional studies
- In 2015, the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) report on University of Bedfordshire identified eight areas of good practice in teaching and learning and commended the University for the quality of its learning experience - now a QAA case study
- Employers and apprentices are supported by experienced Apprenticeship Co-ordinators, through workplace visits and regular reviews
- Our apprenticeship programmes can be configured to suit employers’ specific needs
- Employers looking for groups of 10 or more can usually choose to have teaching delivered at the workplace
Get in touch
If you would like to find out about how we can help your organisation benefit from higher and degree apprenticeships call us on 0800 328 5334 or email email@example.com