About this course
Our Level 4 Data Analyst Higher Apprenticeship provides the knowledge, skills and understanding to create business insight by applying data analysis tools and concepts.
The programme includes a Certificate of Higher Education in Data Science.
Participants will benefit from:
- High performance computing facilities for data science and analysis
- Employer-based learning to address real opportunities
- Teaching staff who draw on industry experience as researchers or consultants
- Assignments based on current business challenges
- An apprenticeship co-ordinator to link employer and apprentice to University.
Who is it for?
- Data Analyst, Data Manager, Data Scientist, Data Modeller, Data Architect, Data Engineer
- Those entering these or similar roles who may be new or existing staff
- Open to graduates if their degree does not include in-depth study of data analytics
- Those progressing from a lower level apprenticeship
How the programme is delivered
Flexible delivery can be configured to suit employers. Option of single employer groups for 10 or more, on-campus or workplace based.
The programme combines classroom and work-based learning Apprentices extend their classroom learning through their workplace practice, collecting evidence of their learning applied.
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Spreadsheet Analytics
- Introduction Data Modelling
- Data Visualisation
- Systems modelling and Database Design
- Work-based project agreed with the employer
The programme duration is typically 18 - 24 months.
Qualifications include Certificate of Higher Education in Data Science.
Why the University of Bedfordshire
- Campuses in Bedford, Luton, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury.
- We place strong emphasis on practical and professional skills alongside high quality education and training. Many of our programmes successfully combine employment with professional studies.
- In 2015, the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) report on University of Bedfordshire identified eight areas of good practice in teaching and
- learning and commended the University for the quality of its learning experience - now a QAA case study.
- Employers and apprentices are supported by experienced Apprenticeship Co-ordinators, through workplace visits and regular reviews.
- Our apprenticeship programmes can be configured to suit employers’ specific needs.
- Employers looking for groups of 10 or more can usually choose to have teaching delivered at the workplace.
Get in touch
If you would like to find out about how we can help your organisation benefit from higher and degree apprenticeships call us on 0800 328 5334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org