Course Leader for BA (Hons) Fashion Design and Senior Lecturer in Fashion Design and Communication
My current research interests explore the role the design process in a commercial fashion industry with a particular focus on creative pattern cutting methods.
From a more pedagogic perspective research projects have involved the examination of the design process through the use of CAD and its impact on students skills and understanding.
As well as designing for a number of fashion retailers, my practice-based experience has focused on a business and enterprise development to teach fashion professionals design software.
- PgCAP - University of Bedfordshire
- MA in Fashion Design - Nottingham Trent University
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design - De Montfort University
- The Hive, HeadStart Programme for Business and Enterprise 2008 - Nottingham Trent University
- Course Leader: BA (Hons) Fashion Design and BA (Hons) Fashion Design top-up (Level 6 only).
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Sheffield Hallam University, Associate Lecturer, BA (Hons) Fashion Design
- Nottingham Trent University, Associate Lecturer, MA Fashion Futures and BA (Hons) Graphic Design
- 2011/12, An Action Research project into the advantages technology can bring to the design process in a Widening Participation Institute: Increasing the attainment of Fashion Design student through the use of design software.
- 2012, HEA Discipline Workshop and Seminar Series 2011-12, Inter- and Cross-Disciplinary Teaching, Learning and Assessment Methods in Art, Design and Media. HEA Funded: A Cross-Disciplinary Approach to the Realisation of the Annual Graduate Fashion Show at the University of Bedfordshire
- Dissemination: HEA website for access to paper. Forthcoming.
- 2010/12, A Collaborative Initiative: An exploration of a Junior Research Institute pilot scheme for the Division of Art and Design. We Research Together. Funded by Centre for Learning Excellence CLE, University of Bedfordshire.
- Dissemination: University of Bedfordshire Teaching and Learning Conference 2011
- 2012, Staffordshire University, External Panel Member for the re-validation of Creative and Cultural Industries suite of Foundation Degrees.
- 2012, Staffordshire University, External Panel Member for Subject Review of Foundation Degree, Creative and Cultural Industries: Fashion Studies.
T: +44 (0)1234 400 400