Course Leader for BSc Product Design, Senior Lecturer in Interactive/Integrated Design
Dr Sylvia Tzvetanova Yung worked as an interaction designer, researcher and educator internationally.
She is the founder of www.emotionresearch.com.hk an online emotion research tool.
Her expertise lies in the integration of design, human factors and technology.
She is the editor for numerous major international design research conferences and workshops.
- PhD Interaction Design – The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, School of Design
- PGCHE Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education – Nottingham Trent University
- Design and emotion
- Design interaction
- Design futures
- Service design
- Design and emotion
- Interaction design: the relationship between humans and technology
- Design futures
- Humans and Technology Relationship – a funded research project that resulted in series of workshops and a book publication
- Editor of DesignEd Asia, Part of the Business of Design Week Hong Kong
- Tzvetanova Yung and Piebalga (2013) Humans and Technology Relationship. Cambridge Scholars Publishers.
- Jachna, Lam and Tzvetanova Yung (2011) Education into Industry: Collaboration, Transition, Mutation: DesignEd Asia Conference Proceedings, Business of Design Week, Hong Kong Design Centre, Hong Kong.
- Chapter: Tzvetanova, Tang and Justice (2009) Modelling and Evaluation of Emotional Interfaces, in Humans –Computer Interaction. Inaki Maurtua (Ed.) InTech ISBN 978-953-7619-26-8, pp. 279-297.
- Justice, Lam and Tzvetanova Yung (2011) DesignEd Asia Conference Proceedings, Business of Design Week, Hong Kong Design Centre, Hong Kong, December 1-2
- Justice, Lam and Tzvetanova Yung (2010) Cultural Education in Our Design Classrooms - Preserving the Past and Preparing for the Future. DesignEd Asia Conference Proceedings, Business of Design Week, Hong Kong Design Centre, Hong Kong, December 1-2
- Justice, Lam and Tzvetanova Yung (2009) Forget the Future – What are the Today’s Design Education Issues. DesignEd Asia Conference Proceedings, Hong Kong Design Centre, Hong Kong, December 1-2,
- Desmet, Tzvetanova, Hekkert and Justice (eds.) (2008) Design & Emotion 2008 Conference Proceedings, School of Design, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, October 6-9
Referred Conference Papers
- Tzvetanova (2007) Emotional Design Methodology, International Association of Societies of Design Research Conference (IASDR), Hong Kong, November 12-15.
- Tzvetanova, Tang and Justice (2007) Evaluation of Emotional Web Usability, International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, HCII, Beijing, China, July 22-27.
- Tzvetanova, Tang and Justice (2006) Design of Emotional Web Interface Using InSite Factors, Design & Emotion Conference, Goteborg, Sweden, September 27-29.
- Tzvetanova, Tang (2005) Affect Assessment in Educational System Using OutSite Factors, Workshop on Motivation and Affect in Educational Software within the 12th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education, Amsterdam, Netherlands, July 18-22
- Nikov, Vassileva, Anguelova, Tzvetanova (2003) WebUse: An approach for web usability evaluation, Proceedings of 3rd Symposium on Production Research, ISBN 975695731X, pp. 511-518, Istanbul, Turkey, April 19-20.
- Tzvetanova, Tang and Justice (2006) Modelling Emotional Interface Using OutSite and InSite Factors, Design Computing and Cognition Conference, Netherlands, July 10-12.
- Tzvetanova, Tang and Justice (2006) Design of Emotional Storytelling Interface for Educational Purposes, 8th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems, Taipei, Taiwan, June 26-30.
T: +44 (0)1234 400 400