BSIS - Business School Impact System
BSIS is a tool developed by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) to enable Business Schools to measure their impact on the world around them.
Developed in France, Business Schools across the world have used the process to demonstrate impact. We are the first Business School in the United Kingdom to go through this process and are now a BSIS labelled School – a fantastic achievement.
We are delighted to be leading the way for other UK Business Schools to evidence their impact on the world around them through the BSIS tool. BSIS has helped us focus on those strategic priorities that create impact across the communities we serve and we look forward to sharing our BSIS journey over the next three years with the EFMD business school network.
BSIS panel with the UBBS executive team
Our BSIS achievement has been featured on The Impact Factor - a special news and current affairs-style programme, a collaboration between the Chartered Association of Business Schools and ITN Productions.
What did the EFMD say about the University of Bedfordshire Business School?
The expert panel from the EFMD who visited us in July 2018 provided external analysis of the evidence submitted by the School. They concluded the following in relation to the University of Bedfordshire Business School:
- A clear vision and on-going strategy with a strong support of the University;
- Open-mindedness and ability to seize opportunities;
- A strategy that emphasizes the impact of the Business School on the employability of the students and on the needs of the companies;
- A societal responsibility regarding the demographic characteristics of the impact zone;
- An impressive set of international and emerging national activities based on partnerships;
- A strong commitment of the management team;
- A strong positioning as a regional Business School deeply embedded in the impact zone;
- An exceptional local and national network;
- A positive impact of the University of Bedfordshire Business School on University and that it is a very proactive faculty with a regional, national and international footprint.
As a BSIS expert who has been involved in more than 30 Business Schools around the world, each School is specific in terms of impact. In the case of the University of Bedfordshire Business School, we have been impressed by the fact that the School has a strong positioning as a regional Business School deeply embedded in its impact zone, by the societal responsibility regarding the demographic characteristics of its territory and by the exceptional character of the local and national network.
- Bedfordshire Business School included in first online BSIS Symposium
- University of Bedfordshire Business School (UBBS) completed BSIS
Our Tweets: @BedsBiz
Apr 15, 2021
Apr 14, 2021
Apr 14, 2021
Apr 12, 2021
Apr 09, 2021
Apr 07, 2021
Apr 06, 2021
Apr 01, 2021
Mar 31, 2021