Dr Hong Qing Yu
Senior Lecturer in Data Science
I am currently working as a Senior Lecturer in Data Science.
My research focuses on Data Mining and Machine Learning on Knowledge Graph for e-Healthcare, information services and sensor context modelling.
The research results have been published in various related Journals, conferences and project reports.
- Fellowship of Higher Education Academy
- PhD Computer Science, University of Leicester, 2009
- MSc (Distinction) Software Engineering for the e-Economy, University of Leicester, 2005
- BSc Applied Computing, Liaoning Normal University
- Data management, modelling and mining
- Data semantic analysis
- Machine Learning
- Information Visualisation
- Internet/Web Technology
- Computer Programming
I have been involved in more than ten research projects and most them are funded by EC ICT research frameworks (FP6 and FP7)
- MyHealthAvatar: A Demonstration of 4D Digital Avatar Infrastructure for Access of Complete Patient Information, EU FP7-ICT- 600929, 2013-2016.
- mEducator (WP leader & principal investigator), Multi-type Content Repurposing and Sharing in Medical Education, EU eContentplus programme, 2009-2012.
- VPH-Share (co-investigator): Virtual Physiological Human: Sharing for Healthcare, EU FP7-ICT-269978, 2011-2015.
- EUCLID (co-investigator): Educational curriculum for the usage of Linked Data, EU FP7-ICT-296229, 2012-2014.
- SugarTube (principal investigator): Semantics Used to Get Annotated video Recording, the Open University, 2011.
- NoTube: Networks and ontologies for the transformation and unification of broadcasting and the Internet, EU FP7-ICT-231761, IP, 2009-2012.
- SOA4ALL, Service oriented architectures for All, EU FP7-ICT-215219, IP, 2008-2011.
- SENSORIA: Software Engineering for Service-Oriented Overlay Computers, EU FP6-IST-2005-16004, 2005-2009.
- inContext: Interaction and context based technologies for collaborative teams, EU FP6-IST-2006-034718, 2006-2008.
- Member of IEEE Computer Society.
- Editorial Board member of International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology.
- Yu, H. Q., Dong, F., Semantic Lifting and Reasoning on the Personalised Activity Big Data Repository for Healthcare Research, International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology (IJWET), accepted for minor modification, July, 2019.
- Jonathon Handscombe, Hong Qing Yu, Low-Cost and Data Anonymised City Traffic Flow Data Collection to Support Intelligent Traffic System. Sensors 19(2): 347, 2019
- Zhao, X., Yu, H. Q., Liu, E., A Linear Logic Approach to the Composition of RESTful Web Services, International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology (IJWET), Volume 10 Issue 3, October 2016 Pages 245-271.
- Dietze, S., Kaldoudi, E., Dovrolis, E., Giordano, D., Spampinato, C., Hendrix, M., Protopsaltis, A., Taibi, D., Yu, H. Q., Socio-semantic Integration of Educational Resources – the Case of the mEducator Project, in Journal of Universal Computer Science (J.UCS), Special Issue on International Research Projects on Socio‐Semantic Technologies Applied to Education, accepted for publication, 2013.
- S. Dietze, , S. Sanchez-Alonso, H. Ebner, H. Q. Yu, D. Giordano, I. Marenzi, B. Pereira Nunes, "Interlinking educational Resources and the Web of Data – a Survey of Challenges and Approaches", accepted for publication in Emerald Program: electronic Library and Information Systems, Volume 47, Issue 1, 2013.
- H. Q. Yu, C. Pedrinaci, S. Dietze, and J. Domingue, "Using linked data to annotate and search educational video resources for supporting distance learning," IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 130 –142, 2012.
- H. Q. Yu, S. Dietze, C. Pedrinaci, and D. Liu, "A linked data compliant framework for dynamic and web-scale consumption of web services," International Journal of Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications, vol. 3, pp. 796–803, 2011.
- S. Dietze, A. Gugliotta, J. Domingue, H. Q. Yu, and M. Mrissa, "An automated approach to semantic web services mediation," Service Oriented Computing and Applications, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 261–275, 2010.
- S. Reiff-Marganiec and H. Q. Yu, An integrated approach for service selection using non-functional properties and composition context. IGI Global, 2011, ch. Handbook of Research on Service-Oriented Systems and Non-Functional Properties: Future Directions, pp. 165–191.
- S. Reiff-Marganiec, Y. Hong, H. Q. Yu, S. Dustdar, C. Dorn, and D. Schall, Context Aware Collaborative Working Environments. IGI Global, 2009, ch. Handbook of Research on Mobile Multimedia, Second Edition, pp. 702–717.
- Hong Qing Yu, Mining Symptom and Disease Web data with NLP and Open linked Data, 5th International Conference On Machine Vision and Machine Learning (MVML’19), 21-23 August 2019, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Hong Qing Yu, Xia Zhao, Zhikun Deng, Feng Dong, Healthcare-Related Data Integration Framework and Knowledge Reasoning Process. KMO 2017: 386-396
- Haridimos Kondylakis, Emmanouil G. Spanakis, Stelios Sfakianakis, Vangelis Sakkalis, Manolis Tsiknakis, Kostas Marias, Xia Zhao, Hong Qing Yu, Feng Dong:
Digital patient: Personalized and translational data management through the MyHealthAvatar EU project. EMBC 2015: 1397-1400.
- H. Q. Yu, X. Zhao, Z. Deng, F. Dong, Ontology Driven Personal Health Knowledge Discovery. KMO 2015: 649-663, 2013.
- H. Q. Yu, X. Zhao, S. Reiff-Marganiec, and J. Domingue, "Linked context: A linked data approach to personalised service provisioning," in Proc of the 19th International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), 2012.
- S. Dietze, H. Q. Yu, D. Giordano, E. Kaldoudi, N. Dovrolis, and D. Taibi, "Linked education: interlinking educational resources and the web of data," in Proc of the 27th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, ser. SAC '12. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2012, pp. 366–371.
- H. Q. Yu, D. Liu, S. Dietze, and J. Domingue, "Developing RDF-based web services for supporting runtime matchmaking and invocation," in Proc of the 7th International Conference on Next Generation Web Services Practices (NWeSP), 2011, pp. 392 –397.
- N. Dovrolis, T. Stefanut, S. Dietze, H. Q. Yu, C. Valentine, and E. Kaldoudi, "Semantic annotation and linking of medical educational resources," in Proc of the 5th European Conference of the International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE MBEC). Springer, 2012, pp. 1400–1403.
- H. Q. Yu, S. Dietze, and N. Benn, "Autonomous matchmaking web services," in Proc of the International Conference on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications (CISIM), 2010, pp. 420 –425.
- H. Q. Yu, N. Benn, S. Dietze, C. Pedrinaci, D. Liu, J. Domingue, and R. Siebes, "Two-staged approach for semantically annotating and brokering TV-related services," in Proc of the IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS),, 2010, pp. 497 –503.
- H. Q. Yu and S. Reiff-Marganiec, "A backwards composition context based service selection approach for service composition," in IEEE International Conference on Services Computing, 2009 (SCC '09), 2009, pp. 419 –426.
- H. Q. Yu and S. Reiff-Marganiec, "Automated context-aware service selection for collaborative systems," in Proc of Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE). Springer, 2009, pp. 261–274.
- H. Q. Yu and Y. Hong, "Graph transformation for the semantic web: Queries and inference rules," in Proc of Graph Transformations. Springer, 2008, pp. 511–513.
- H. Q. Yu, S. Reiff-Marganiec, and M. Tilly, "Composition context for web services selection," in Proc of the IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), 2008, pp. 785 –786.
- H. Q. Yu and S. Reiff-Marganiec, "A method for automated web service selection," in Proc of IEEE Congress on Services - Part I, 2008, pp. 513 –520.
- C. Melchiorre, S. Reiff-Marganiec, H. Q. Yu, D. Shall, and S. Dustdar, "incontext-interaction and context-based technologies for collaborative teams," in Proc of the eChallenges Conference and Exhibition. IOS Press, Amsterdam, 2008.
- H.-L. Truong, S. Dustdar, D. Baggio, S. Corlosquet, C. Dorn, G. Giuliani, R. Gombotz, Y. Hong, P. Kendal, C. Melchiorre, S. Moretzky, S. Peray, A. Polleres, S. Reiff-Marganiec, D. Schall, S. Stringa, M. Tilly, and H. Q. Yu, "incontext: A pervasive and collaborative working environment for emerging team forms," in Proc of the International Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT), 2008, pp. 118 –125.
- H. Q. Yu, Y. Hong, R. Heckel, and S. Reiff-Marganiec, "Context-sensitive team formation: Towards model-based context reasoning and update," in Proc of the 6th International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Modeling and Using Context (CONTEXT). Springer, 2007.
- Joy Eze, Sijing Zhang, Enjie Liu, Elias Chinedum Eze, Hong Qing Yu:
Cognitive Radio Aided Internet of Vehicles (IoVs) for Improved Spectrum Resource Allocation. CIT/IUCC/DASC/PICom 2015: 2346-2352
- S. Dietze, D. Liu, H. Q. Yu, and C. Pedrinaci, "Semantic web-driven development of service-oriented systems-exploiting linked data for service annotation and discovery," in Proc of the 7th International Workshop on Semantic Web Enabled Software Engineering, 2011.
- H.Q. Yu, S. Dietze, N. Li, C. Pedrinaci, D. Taibi, N. Dovrolls, T. Stefanut, E. Kaldoudi, and J. Domingue, "A linked data-driven & service-oriented architecture for sharing educational resources," in Proc of the International Workshop on eLearning Approaches for Linked Data Age (Linked Learning), 2011.
- D. Lambert and H. Q. Yu, "Linked data based video annotation and browsing for distance learning," in Proc of the International Workshop on Semantic Web Applications In Higher Education (SEMHE), 2010.
- H. Q. Yu, S. Dietze, and N. Benn, "Semantic TV-resources brokering towards future television," in Proc Workshop of Future Television: Integrating the Social and Semantic Web, EUROITV international conference, 2010.
- S. Dietze, N. Benn, H. Q. Yu, C. Pedrinaci, B. Makni, D. Liu, D. Lambert, and J. Domingue, "Comprehensive service semantics and light-weight linked services: towards an integrated approach," in Proc of the International Workshop on Service Matchmaking and Resource Retrieval in the International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC), 2010.
- S. Reiff-Marganiec, H. Q. Yu, and M. Tilly, "Service selection based on non-functional properties," in Proc of the Workshops Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC). Springer, 2009, pp. 128–138.
- H. Q. Yu and S. Reiff-Marganiec, "Non-functional property based service selection: A survey and classification of approaches," in Proc of the Non-Functional Properties and Service Level Agreements in Service Oriented Computing Workshop in the 6th IEEE European Conference on Web Services (ECOWS), 2008.
- H. Truong, S. Dustdar, D. Baggio, S. Corlosquet, C. Dorn, G. Giuliani, R. Gombotz, Y. Hong, P. Kendal, C. Melchiorre, S. Moretzky, S. Peray, A. Polleres, S. Reiff-Marganiec, D. Schall, S. Stringa, M. Tilly, and H. Q. Yu, "incontext: A pervasive and collaborative working environment for emerging team forms," in International Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT) in IEEE-CS Conference on Computer Software and Applications (COMPSAC). IEEE, 2008, pp. 118–125.
- H. Q. Yu and H. Molina, "A modified logic scoring preference method for dynamic web services evaluation and selection," in Proc of the European Young Researchers Workshop on Service Oriented Computing, 2007.
T: +44 (0)1582 489115