Dr Nikolaos Th. Ersotelos was born in Greece. He received his PhD degree in Computer Science from Brunel University in 2010 and his MSc (Distinction) Degree in Media Production and Distribution from Lancaster University.
He has participated in the European project "Splotch" as a researcher of Portsmouth University, in the period 2011-2012, developing an open source software tool for visualizing astrophysical cosmological simulations.
Since 2012 he is a part-time researcher in University of Athens (Greece), specialised in the facial expression recognition research field.
He joined the Research Centre for Computer Graphics and Visualisation (CCGV) in the School of Computer Science and Technology of the University of Bedfordshire in 2013.
He participates in four European Commission funded projects. His research interests include web design-development, image processing and visualisation.
Books and Chapters
- Nikolaos Ersotelos, Image Based Facial Expression Synthesis, in book "Facial Expressions: Dynamic Patterns, Impairments and Social Perceptions", Nova Publishers, (New York USA), 2012
- Nikolaos Ersotelos, Feng Dong, Image Based Synthesis for Human facial expression, in CRC Press "Advances in Semantic Media Adaptation and Personalization", Volume 2, (New York USA), 2008
- Nikolaos Ersotelos, Feng Dong, Building Highly Realistic Facial Modeling and Animation: A Survey, in International Journal of Computer Graphics in Visual Computer, Springer Publications, Volume 24, (New York USA), 2007
- Nikolaos Ersotelos, Feng Dong, Highly Automated Method for Facial Expression Synthesis in journal LNCS Transactions on Edutainment, Springer Publication (New York USA), 2011
- Nikolaos Th. Ersotelos, Xia Zhao, Youbing Zhao, Hui Wei, Enjie Liu, Gordon Clapworthy, Feng Dong, "A user interface design for a patient oriented digital patient", IEEE 13th International Conference on BioInformatics and BioEngineering (BIBE) 2013
- Xia Zhao, Youbing Zhao, Nikolaos Th. Ersotelos, Dina Fan, Enjie Liu, Gordon Clapworthy, Feng Dong, "A Scalable Data Repository for Recording Self-Managed Longitudinal Health Data of Digital Patients", IEEE 13th International Conference on BioInformatics and BioEngineering (BIBE) 2013
- Youbing Zhao, Xia Zhao, Feng Dong, Gordon Clapworthy, Nikolaos Th. Ersotelos, Enjie Liu, "WebGL-based interactive rendering of whole body anatomy for web-oriented visualisation of avatar-centered digital health data", IEEE 13th International Conference on BioInformatics and BioEngineering (BIBE) 2013
- Ugo Becciani (INAF Astrophysical Observatory of Catania), A. Costa (INAF), Nikolaos Ersotelos (University of Portsmouth), M. Krokos (University of Portsmouth), P. Massiminio (INAF), C. Petta (University of Catania), F. Vitello (Consorzio Cometa), VisIVO, a library and integrated tools for large astrophysical dataset exploration in ADASS XXI Conference Observatoire de Paris, (Paris France), 2011
- Nikolaos Ersotelos: Image-Based Rendering for Computer Synthesized Human Figures, in SMAP '07: Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Semantic Media Adaptation and Personalization (SMAP 2007) - Volume 00: 229-232 in IEEE Computer Society, (London UK), 2007
- Nikolaos Ersotelos, Feng Dong, Incremental Synthesis for Generating Large Texture Images, in Conference proceedings in Computer Graphics Interface (CGI), (Shanghai China), 2006.
- Nikolaos Ersotelos, Feng Dong, Texture Synthesis Using Incremental Patches, in Edutainment, (Shanghai China), 2006
T: +44 (0)1582 743717