Former Research students
The following are former students of the Institute who have successfully completed their studies:
- Dr Julia Croft Aligning assessment in teacher education: defining the role of HE in developing the professional teacher
- Dr Peter Dean Undergraduate Media Studies in England: a discourse analysis
- Dr Paul Gardner Scribing the writer: implications of social construction of writer identity for paradigms of written composition
- Dr Richard Procter Knowledge management to support evidence informed practice in teaching and learning.
- Dr Mario Moya Developing a Strategy-based Instruction Approach to Teaching and Learning Modern Languages to train ab-initio Primary PGCE Trainees
- Dr Lanka Wendikandage A study of multicultural practices in Sri Lankan secondary schools and an English comparator school
- Dr Sarah-Louise Jones Learning and Emerging Technologies: An investigation into the nature of learning processes.
- Dr Monika Pazio Researching normalisation of Computer Assisted Language Learning in the context of primary education.
- Dr Elaine Barron Primary School Headteachers' perceptions of factors which contribute to successful outcomes for teacher training.
- Dr Kate Hudson Innovations in partnership: Investigating the Changes: Using pupil voice to support student teacher development through mentoring.
- Dr Margaret Olugabaro Using a supplementary school to address literacy difficulties in KS3
- Dr Nick Pape Counselling students perceptions of factors that affect their learning
Current MPhil/PhD students
- Saleh Alresheed Integrating CALL in Saudi Classrooms: A change model based on inhibiting factors and possible solutions
- Dave Appleby What makes threshold concepts difficult to learn? Exploring the pedagogy of a conceptual landscape
- Javeria Chaudhry Exploring the effectiveness of school behaviour policy in both English and Pakistani Schools
- Judith Darnell Parental Involvement and the consequences for student attainment: An enhancer or an inhibitor?
- Lucia Jera Exploring New Academy Leadership
- Christina Kuegel A critical analysis of functional play for children with autism and severe learning difficulties
- Satip Kuesoongnern A Study of Cross-Cultural Communication in the Thai English as a Foreign Language classroom
- Sharvaani Ramkissoon A pedagogy model for MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) to suit Mauritian learners
- Eve Rapley A critical review of teacher approaches at the FE/HE interface in animal and equine studies.
- Tony Stockford Using employability skills as a context to determine if there is a relationship between a teacher's interpretation of a pseudo-experience and the perception that a pupil internalises as their reality for that experience.
- Peter Virnuls Exploring barriers to relational arithmetical understanding within children at the end of their primary education
- Mike Aylen Relationship between leadership styles of five primary headteachers and perceptions of effective teaching assistant deployment
- Michael Usi Enhancing youth education attendance in Malawi through strategy development: an analysis of strategies and challenge
- Yuena Zhou A Comparative Socio-Cultural Study of the Nonverbal Elements in University Classroom Teaching in the UK and China
- Janine Francois In what ways does art in the museum context provide a safe space to ask difficult questions around culture and race?
Current PhD by Publication students
- Malini Mistry The role of leaders in meeting the needs of Early Years pupils with EAL
- David Mathew Fragile Learning: The Influence of Anxiety
Current EdD students
- Wendy Edwards Should schools set homework?
- Garry Layden Hand-drawing for spatial design undergraduates: an investigation into its apparent decline and how this can be reversed.
- James Shea The role of social networking in Secondary Initial Teacher Training and Education.