Please fill in the form below, ensuring you complete all compulsory fields (marked with an asterisk).
Home/EU applicants should complete Sections A and C.
Overseas (non-EU nationals) Applicants must complete all Sections
The next cohort start date is 19 March 2018.
The deadline for applications from overseas students for the 19 March 2018 has now closed. Applications for the October 2018 intake are now open.
The deadline for applications from UK/EU nationals for the 19 March 2018 intake is 31 January 2018.
All overseas applicants that have previously studied in the UK must complete an Immigration History Form and attach it to this form along with any additional documents requested on the form.
Download the Immigration History Form here - DOC 47.5 KB
Please note you cannot submit this form without attaching a CV and Research Proposal. For advice on preparing your Research Proposal please see the Proposal Guidance
See our Research Institutes and the topics they support here
Section A - To be completed by all applicants
Which Research Institute would you like your application to be considered for?
- Business and Management Research Institute (BMRI)
- Centre for Research in English Language Learning and Assessment (CRELLA)
- Institute of Applied Social Research (IASR)
- Institute of Biomedical and Environmental Science and Technology (IBEST)
- Institute for Health Research (IHR)
- Institute for Tourism Research (INTOUR)
- Institute for Research in Applicable Computing (IRAC)
- Institute for Research in Education (IRED)
- Institute for Sport and Physical Activity Research (ISPAR)
- Research Institute for Media, Art and Performance (RIMAP)
Academic Support of your Application
If you have already discussed your application with a member of our academic staff who is willing to support your research application please state their name and Email address below (email address must be their University @beds.ac.uk email). Leave blank otherwise.
Passport and Visa Details
Section B - To be completed by Overseas applicants only
Previous UK Study
Agent Details (if used)
Section C - To be completed by all applicants
Please only click on the submit button below once and then wait for your files to upload and your form to be submitted. This may take up to a minute, depending on the size of your attachments.
Clicking Submit more than once will result in multiple submissions and may delay the processing of your application.