Research Studentships

Studentships are an amount of money awarded to a student to work on a research project at a university. Where Studentships are available these are advertised on this area of the University of Bedfordshire website and on

Postgraduate High Achiever Scholarship

The University offers a scholarship aimed exclusively at our third-year undergraduates who are planning to progress to a full-time Masters study at the University of Bedfordshire.

The Postgraduate High Achiever Scholarship offers a 50% fee waiver on Masters by Research courses at the University of Bedfordshire for any Home or EU student who achieves a First Class award at undergraduate level and progresses to a full-time Masters by Research course.

Postgraduate Loans

If you are a Home or EU student you may be eligible for a Postgraduate Loan from the Government to help with course fees and living costs.

Career Development Loans

You may be able to take out a Career Development Loan (CDL) to help cover the cost of fees and living costs.

Research Council Grants

Research Councils UK are made up of seven awarding bodies. Between them they offer funding in mostly all areas of postgraduate study.

Each year they award around 6,000 studentships so there is quite a bit of competition.

Visit Prospects for more information and to find out what your options are.

Support from an employer

This is could be an option for you if you are currently working and would like to progress further in the company you are already in.

Employers may wish to sponsor your whole degree or partially fund some of it. Some companies already have sponsorship programmes in place so it is worth doing your research.

Employer sponsorship could also extend to a contribution to the cost of books and materials, day release to attend classes or the provision of study time.

Enquire about research degrees

By telephone
During office hours
(Monday-Friday 08:30-17:00)
+44 (0)1582 489056

By email

How to apply for a research degree

For all the information you need on how to apply for a research degree and to make sure you fulfil the entry requirements visit our 'How to apply' page

You should have a good honours degree (2:1 or above) or masters degree or equivalent in the relevant subject area.

International applicants should be aware of our English language requirements