The University of Bedfordshire's Disability and Dyslexia Support Team can offer confidential advice and information on a range of issues.
Further information for students and graduates with disabilities can be found on the following websites:
- Disability Jobsite - includes employer database, CV and interview advice
- DirectGov - employment support and government work schemes
- EmployAbility - support with the transition from education to employment
- My Plus Students' Club - specialis careers advice for students with disabilities or long term health conditions - connecting students with employers
- TargetJobs - understand your rights and when to disclose your circumstances
Mental health difficulties
Specific learning difficulties
More people from a wider variety of backgrounds are now entering higher education making for a more diverse graduate labour market.
The following organisations offer information and advice for specific groups who are looking for further study or employment:
- Great With Disability - advice on the whole recruitment process; includes job vacancies
- The Diversity Group - equality and rights in relation to careers, education and training
- Stonewall - support for the lesbian, gay and bisexual community
- NACRO - support for young people who have been involved in crime
- TargetJobs - information and advice on age, disability, race, gender, ex-offenders