Contact Careers


International Students

Support from the Careers & Employability Service for international students is the same as for UK and EU students but we can also offer basic advice on issues such as National Insurance Numbers, visa requirements for working in the UK and how to find work while you are a student.

Information for international students is also available at (University of Bedfordshire International Office).

Comprehensive details regarding visa requirements can be found on the GovUK website:

For additional information, see our leaflet International Students - finding work in the UK - PDF 294.3 KB . If you would like a printed copy, please call in to the Careers office at Luton or Bedford campus.

International students can come along to the careers drop-in or book guidance appointments for longer sessions. See Get Advice for how to access these services. We offer support with finding and applying for work, interviews and further study. You can register with us to receive regular job alerts and also find out about volunteering opportunities to gain work experience and enhance your skills.

If you are hoping to stay in the UK after your studies, it may be possible to find work but this will depend on your visa status. Some companies sponsor international students to work for them under the Tier 2 (General) visa. You can access the list of current sponsors on the UK Government website:

We do not, at present, have direct links with overseas employers. However, our Recruitment Services team work with a range of UK based employers both local to the University and further afield who may have opportunities abroad. There are various websites dedicated to finding graduate opportunities in different countries. These include:

Country Specific

General Information on working outside of the UK

Bedfordshire University

Student Experience» Studying at Bedfordshire» Student Services» Careers and Employability Service» International Students