We welcome applications from students who have a disability, specific learning difficulty or medical condition, and we are here to help you with your transition to University by making sure that support is in place for you early in your studies.
Please follow the instructions:
- Tick the box on your UCAS form to say you have a disability and enter the appropriate code.
- This information will automatically come to us.
- We will contact you when you accept an offer with us to request information so we can begin the process of putting your support in place.
- Get your evidence e.g. a doctor or consultant's letter, post-16 diagnostic report confirming a Specific Learning Difficulty such as dyslexia.
- Contact us if you would like more information about this.
- Apply for Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA). You do this when you apply for your Student Finance. You do not need to wait for your results. The process can take around 14 weeks so get started early!
- Apply for your accommodation when requested to do so. If you have specific needs make sure you list them on your application.
Please remember that all the information you give us will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be passed onto other members of the University with your written permission.