Associate Project Manager
About the course
Our Associate Project Manager higher apprenticeship programme provides the knowledge and skills to understand and apply project management methods, think critically and use tools and techniques to support successful project delivery. Includes the Certificate of Higher Education in Project Management.
The programme develops:
- Practical skills
- Relevant understanding of finance, people and resource management, quality and risk management
Chartered Association of Project Management accredited. Employer-based and classroom learning to address real issues.
Can be configured to suit employer needs. Option of single employer groups for 12 or more, campus or workplace based.
Who is it for?
- Those working within a project-based environment or project team
- Those with relevant work experience moving into a formal project management role
- Open to new or existing staff
- Open to graduates if their degree does not include in-depth study of project management
- Those progressing from a lower level apprenticeship
- Project governance
- Project stakeholder management
- Project communication
- Project leadership
- Budgeting and cost control
- Business case and benefits management
- Project scope
- Project scheduling
- Resource management
- Project risk and issue management
- Contract management and procurement
- Project quality
How the programme is delivered
The programme can be configured to suit employer needs. There is an option of workplace delivery for groups of 12 or more.
Employer-based learning. Apprentices extend their classroom learning through workplace practice, including assignments based on business projects and employer-based project work. Apprentices collect evidence of their learning applied.
The programme will typically be 18 months.
Qualifications include a Certificate of Higher Education in Project Management.
Apprentices will be eligible for progression to associate membership of the CAPM on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
English and Maths to Level 2 are included, if not held at entry.
Why University of Bedfordshire?
- Campuses in Bedford, Luton, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury.
- We place strong emphasis on practical and professional skills alongside high quality education and training. Many of our programmes successfully combine employment with professional studies.
- In 2015, the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) report on University of Bedfordshire identified eight areas of good practice in teaching and learning and commended the University for the quality of its learning experience - now a QAA case study.
- Employers and apprentices are supported by experienced Apprenticeship Co-ordinators, through workplace visits and regular reviews.
- Our apprenticeship programmes can be configured to suit employers’ specific needs.
- Employers looking for groups of 10 or more can usually choose to have teaching delivered at the workplace.
Get in touch
If you would like to find out about how we can help your organisation benefit from higher and degree apprenticeships call us on 0800 328 5334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org