The University of Bedfordshire’s Higher and Degree Apprenticeship programme has been designed with employers in mind. The University places a strong emphasis on combining practical and professional skills with high quality education. Our broad range of apprenticeship training includes Management, Digital, Food Industry, Nursing, Healthcare and Social Work.
The apprenticeship levy requires all employers operating in the UK, with a pay bill over £3 million each year to make an investment in apprenticeships. If you are an employer paying the levy you can use your payment to fund apprenticeship education and training. If you do not fall into the scope of the levy you can benefit from government funding for at least 90% of the costs of training an apprentice.
Support we can offer employers
- Ensure that your organisation gets the most from the levy
- Help you benefit from government support if you do not pay the levy
- Help to recruit apprentices
- Help to develop your existing employees to grow your workforce in the higher level skills you need
- Providing a start to end service, the University will work with you to support the development of your staff through flexible delivery options
- You and your apprentices will be supported by experienced apprenticeship co-ordinators and trainers, with regular progress reviews
We currently offer training for the following apprenticeships:
We were delighted to celebrate a Silver award in the first ever Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and recently came eighth in the UK in the People and Planet University Green League. We enjoy high levels of student satisfaction and were recognised for the quality of our teaching in the last National Student Satisfaction, ranking 9th as the most improved university for teaching (2016 to 2019).
Get in touch
For further information on providing feedback or making complaints, please see our Employer Complaints Policy [PDF]