Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship
About the course
The University of Bedfordshire’s Chartered Manager degree apprenticeship provides the knowledge, skills and understanding needed for effective management of large and small organisations.
The programme combines the BSc Business Management honours degree with CMI Chartered Manager status.
Designed to be relevant, practical and challenging, to develop:
- Understanding of business models, ideas and management techniques
- Theory and practice relevant to key business functions
- Employer-based learning to address real issues
- Assignments based on business challenges
The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship meets the education and training needs of professional managers in private, public or third sector organisations of all sizes. It develops the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to manage complexity and deliver impact at a strategic and/or operational level, and to take management and leadership responsibility for setting and delivering organisational objectives through a wide range of functions.
Who is it for?
- Junior managers wishing to enhance aspects of their management and leadership
- Those with career aspirations in management
- New or existing staff
- Open to graduates if their degree does not include in-depth study of business management
- Those progressing from a lower level apprenticeship
How the programme is delivered
The programme combines classroom and practical work-based learning. Apprentices extend their classroom learning through their workplace practice, collecting evidence of learning applied, for example through project work, business enquiry and a portfolio. Delivery can be configured to suit employer needs.
There is also the option of delivery at the employer’s workplace for groups of 10 or more.
- Business Communication
- Strategy and Change Management
- Human Resource Management
- Digital Business Management
- Leading and Managing People
- Business Economics
- Management of Operations
- Project Management
- Law for Business Managers
- International Business Management
- Intercultural Competency in Business
Duration of course is typically 36 to 48 months.
Successful apprentices will achieve the BSc (Hons) Business Management degree and full chartered membership of the CMI, incorporating vocational and academic elements.
English and Maths to Level 2 are included if not held at entry.
Why University of Bedfordshire?
- Campuses in Bedford, Luton, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury.
- We place strong emphasis on practical and professional skills alongside high quality education and training. Many of our programmes successfully combine employment with professional studies.
- Employers and apprentices are supported by experienced Apprenticeship Co-ordinators, through workplace visits and regular reviews.
- TEF Silver – Proud to achieve Silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework
- Commended by the QAA for the high quality and standards of our higher education provision (QAA 2015)
- Top 250 University under 50 years old (THE 2020)
- One of 21 Business Schools awarded the Bronze Award for start-up and business growth advice (Small Business Charter)
- 8th in the country in the University Green League (People and Planet 2021)
- Eco Campus Platinum award (2022)
- Continued investment in facilities for our students. Most significantly we opened a £40m STEM building at our Luton campus in 2019.
- Our apprenticeship programmes can be configured to suit employers’ specific needs.