Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Integrated Degree Apprenticeship
About the course
Our Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions integrated degree apprenticeship provides deep, practical understanding of the latest digital technologies, applications and issues.
Our Teaching staff draw on industry experience as researchers or consultants and studies are aligned to BCS and IET accreditation. Classes take place in state- of-the-art computing laboratories and the apprenticeship co-ordinator links employer and apprentice to University. Successful apprentices will achieve the BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions.
Who is it for?
- Those currently working in IT roles supported
by their employer to advance their career opportunities and expand their technical expertise
- Staff working in technology with a degree in another subject looking to underpin and develop their subject knowledge
- Employers supporting those moving into a skilled role in computing or technology
- Open to new or existing staff
- Open to graduates if their degree does not include in-depth study of computer science
- Those progressing from a lower-level apprenticeship
How the programme is delivered
The course can be configured to suit employer needs and is usually delivered one day per week off-the-job. There is the option of delivery at the workplace for groups of twelve or more.
Apprentices extend their classroom learning through their workplace practice, collecting evidence of their learning applied.
- Object Oriented Programming
- Software Engineering and System design
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Security and Countermeasures
- Computer networking (including wireless)
- Relational Databases
- Mobile Application Development
- Enterprise Computing
- Incident Response
- Artificial Intelligence
- Work-based 6-month project agreed with the employer
The programme lasts typically 48 months.
Qualifications include BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions.
English and Maths to Level 2 included if not held at entry.
Why University of Bedfordshire
- Campuses in Bedford, Luton, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury.
- We place strong emphasis on practical and professional skills alongside high quality education and training. Many of our programmes successfully combine employment with professional studies.
- Employers and apprentices are supported by experienced Apprenticeship Co-ordinators, through workplace visits and regular reviews.
- TEF Silver – Proud to achieve Silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework
- Commended by the QAA for the high quality and standards of our higher education provision (QAA 2015)
- Top 250 University under 50 years old (THE 2020)
- 8th in the country in the University Green League (People and Planet 2019)
- Eco Campus Platinum award (2020)
- Continued investment in facilities for our students. Most significantly we opened a £40m STEM building at our Luton campus in 2019.
- Our apprenticeship programmes can be configured to suit employers’ specific needs.