Senior Leader Apprenticeship
About the course
Our Level 7 Apprenticeship develops creative and innovative strategic leaders. Participants gain the knowledge, skills and application sought by employers in today’s economy.
In addition to the support provided by academics in the University, apprentices will be guided in the workplace by practitioners from the sector to develop the practical abilities and skills to operate professionally and at their full potential.
The programme combines the Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration with the L7 Senior Leader Apprenticeship and is designed to add real value to the individual and organisation.
The course responds directly to the challenges of the new economy in structure and content. Big, integrated, stimulating units address major contemporary challenges and develop participating students. Supported by the expertise of the academic team, this qualification supports innovation, creativity and meta skill development. This is reflected in the suite of innovative assessment designed across the units.
- Earn a highly respected PG Diploma studying part time alongside your existing job
- Challenge your assumptions and gain a critical, reflexive approach to strategic leadership and management.
- The Programme focuses on industry best practice and live projects, underpinned by cutting- edge research.
- Make a powerful difference to your organisation by developing a strategic global outlook.
- Option to ‘top up’ to full Executive Master of Business Administration (MBA) along with the Chartered Management Institute Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice
L7 Senior Leader Apprenticeship Standard: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/senior-leader-v1-1
Who is it for?
- A leader who has senior management responsibility
- Senior executives in the commercial, public or third sectors.
- Anybody who leads teams or functions within their organisations or aspires to more strategic roles.
- New or existing staff and those progressing from a lower-level apprenticeship.
- Ambitious senior employees who have work experience
- Associate director, Business Unit Head, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Information Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Divisional Head, Executive Director, HE Registrar, Head of Department, Senior Manager
How the programme is delivered
The programme can be configured to suit employer needs and is usually delivered on a day release basis. There is an option of workplace delivery for groups.
- Critical Debates in Business
- Creative Leadership
- Innovating in the Strategic Environment
- Future of Work and Management
- Your Professional Future
The programme will typically be 24 months.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Post Graduate Diploma (120 credits) and the L7 Senior Leader Apprenticeship. They will be eligible for progression to membership of the Chartered Management Institute Chartered Manager (CMgr MCMI) on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Successful apprentices have the option to then undertake the MBA Project Unit (60 credits) and achieve the Executive MBA (a small fee will be required); completion will also qualify them for the award of the CMI Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice.
English and Maths to Level 2 are included, if not held at entry.
- Campuses in Bedford, Luton, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury.
- We place strong emphasis on practical and professional skills alongside high quality education and training. Many of our programmes successfully combine employment with professional studies.
- Employers and apprentices are supported by experienced Apprenticeship Co-ordinators, through workplace visits and regular reviews.
- TEF Silver – Proud to achieve Silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework
- Commended by the QAA for the high quality and standards of our higher education provision (QAA 2015)
- Top 250 University under 50 years old (THE 2020)
- One of 21 Business Schools awarded the Bronze Award for start-up and business growth advice (Small Business Charter)
- 8th in the country in the University Green League (People and Planet 2019)
- Eco Campus Platinum award (2020)
- Continued investment in facilities for our students. Most significantly we opened a £40m STEM building at our Luton campus in 2019.
- Our apprenticeship programmes can be configured to suit employers’ specific needs.
- Read our Apprenticeship cases studies to find out the way in which we are assisting employers to meet their apprenticeship ambitions.