Digital and Technology Solutions
About the course
- Our Digital and Technology Solutions degree apprenticeship provides deep, practical understanding of the latest digital technologies, applications and issues
- Digital and Technology Solutions BSc (Hons) degree
- Teaching staff draw on industry experience as researchers or consultants
- Studies are aligned to BCS and IET-accreditation
- Classes take place in state-of-the-art computing laboratories
- Apprenticeship co-ordinator links employer and apprentice to University
Who is it for?
- Those currently working in IT roles supported by their employer to advance their career opportunities and expand their technical expertise.
- Staff working in technology with a degree in another subject looking to underpin and develop their subject knowledge
- Employers supporting those moving into a skilled role in computing or technology
- Open to new or existing staff
- Open to graduates if their degree does not include in-depth study of computer science
- Open to those progressing from a lower level apprenticeship
How the programme is delivered
Flexible delivery can be configured to suit employers. There is the option of delivery at the workplace to groups of ten or more. The programme combines classroom and work-based learning. Apprentices extend their classroom learning through their workplace practice, collecting evidence of their learning applied.
- Object Oriented Programming
- Software Engineering and System design
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Security and Countermeasures
- Computer networking (including wireless)
- Relational Databases
- Mobile Application Development
- Enterprise Computing
- Incident Response
- Artificial Intelligence
- Work-based 6 month project agreed with the employer
The programme lasts typically 36 to 48 months.
Qualifications include BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions.
English and Maths to Level 2 included if not held at entry.
Why University of Bedfordshire
- Campuses in Bedford, Luton, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury
- We place strong emphasis on practical and professional skills alongside high quality education and training. Many of our programmes successfully combine employment with professional studies
- In 2015, the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) report on University of Bedfordshire identified eight areas of good practice in teaching and learning and commended the University for the quality of its learning experience - now a QAA case study
- Employers and apprentices are supported by experienced Apprenticeship Co-ordinators, through workplace visits and regular reviews
- Our apprenticeship programmes can be configured to suit employers’ specific needs
- Employers looking for groups of 10 or more can usually choose to have teaching delivered at the workplace
Get in touch
If you would like to find out about how we can help your organisation benefit from higher and degree apprenticeships call us on 0800 328 5334 or email email@example.com