Dr Timi Osidipe
Senior Lecturer in Criminology
Timi joined the University of Bedfordshire in 2015. In the past, he has held academic posts at the following universities: Lincoln, Wolverhampton, Liverpool John Moores and Northumbria. At Northumbria University, he was the programme leader- Foundation Degree in Criminal Justice.
He has been involved in various consultancy projects on social and public policy initiatives and interventions. In his current role, he contributes to the delivery of units to students enrolled on the Sociology, Criminology and Sociology, and Criminology Degree Programmes.
He is on the editorial board of the African Journal of Criminology and Justice Studies. He is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- PhD Criminology- Northumbria University
- MA Criminology and Social Policy- University of Lincoln
- PGCert- Academic and Professional Learning- Northumbria University
- Introduction to Criminology and the Criminal Justice System
- Sociology of Deviance
- Public Policy
- Global Developments and Crime
- Research Approaches in the Social World
- Contemporary Issues in Criminology
- Development and Crime
- Social Justice
- Teaching and Learning
- Osidipe, T (forthcoming) Ethnic monitoring in the Criminal Justice System in England and Wales, People, Places & Policy Journal
- Cole, B and Osidipe, T (2017) Criminal Courts, in J. Harding., P. Davies and G. Mairs (eds) introduction to criminal justice, London: Sage Publications, 264-283
- Osidipe, T (2015) Drugs and Drugs Control in Britain, in A. Kalunta-Crumpton (ed) Pan-African Issues in Drugs and Drugs Control: An international Perspective. Abingdon: Routledge, 287-306
- Craig, G., Beebeejan, Y., Cole, B., Dadze-Authur, A, Murtuja, B, and Osidipe, T (2007) Building Capacity in black and Minority Organisations. Hull: Centre for Social Inclusion and Social Justice
- Osidipe, T (2004) Dangerousness, Asbos and Black Communities, in G. Craig (Ed) ‘Race’ and Social Research: Five Case Studies. Hull: University of Hull