Senior Lecturer in Building Technologies and Construction
David Jazani obtained his BSc in Architectural Engineering from Milwaukee School of Engineering, Wis., USA in June 1981. During his years in USA he has also worked in Estate Management and completed additional studies in Fire Safety, Health and Safety and (Fortran) programming.
On return to UK for several years he worked as a consultant until joining Monmouth DC in South Wales as Technical Officer, from there he moved to Architects & Structural Engineers in Newport and Cardiff and for several years worked on non-traditional housing repairs and various design schemes.
In the early 90s he worked for a builders firm as a Contracts/Technical Manager, managing refurbishment contracts and new-build. He eventually returned to LA dealing with Fire Safety, housing stock and preparing reports for Welsh Office.
He became involved in education purely by chance and as a result completed PGCE at University of Wales, from there he became involved with various colleges, eventually ending in Barnfield College in 1999 and University of Bedfordshire in 2006.
In his spare time he enjoys radio-controlled modelling (marine and flying), bel-canto opera and blues (listening), Khayyam, good food and his family.
- Energy Conservation and physics of building fabric
- Sustainability and materials, utilisation in construction
- Building Technology and Design
- 3D CAD and Rapid Prototyping
- Construction Management
- Discreet Smart Systems in Housing
- Robotics and Mechatronics
- Product Design
Research and Publications
- TSB Retrofit for the Future, Hard to Heat Homes, for Aragon Housing Association, physics of building fabric, structural and approach guidance.
- Test and Research Centre, Plumbing Technology Centre, Bedford College, Kempston, Beds. Design, Funding and Development
- Sustainability Live, Olympia, London, Micro Generation and thermodynamics of Building Fabric.
- Low Energy Construction, Symposium University of Westminster
- Discreet Smart Systems (stand alone) for Independent Living
- SUM 2016, Sustainable Villages Supported by Computing
- Prosthetic Hand Development
- Wireless sensor technologies, risk reduction
- Health Care and Secure Independent Living for elderly
- Energy collectors, installation and maintenance
- Insulating materials performance
- Utilisation of LED lighting in dwellings
- Marketing, negative aspects and their impact on society and environment
- Link Tutor Construction
- CPD courses Future Skills
- FdSc and BSc development Environmental Health
- Participating on British Schools for the Future, in conjunction with WATES, Luton
- Technology Strategy Board KTN, Retrofit for the Future, Hard to Heat Homes
- Animal Care Centre, Shuttleworth College
- Eco Home Development, Riseley, Bedfordshire
- Eco Town-house, Chiswick, London
- Panel member, Foundation degree development Building Services
- Design Consultant, DFJ Architectural
During office hours
+44 (0)1234 400 400
Outside office hours
+44 (0)1582 74 39 89
Our Tweets: @uniofbeds
Mar 04, 2021
Mar 03, 2021
Mar 02, 2021
Mar 01, 2021
Feb 28, 2021
Feb 27, 2021
Feb 26, 2021
Feb 26, 2021
Feb 26, 2021