LGBTQ+ History Month is an annual month-long observance of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history, and the history of the gay rights. It's about reflection of the past, a look to the future and a celebration of pride.
In the UK History Month is celebrated in February each year, to coincide with the 2003 abolition of Section 28. Here at the University of Bedfordshire we have created this website to help grow knowledge, share experiences and deliver events on LGBTQ History Month.
Pick up your LGBT reading list at the Bedford Library
- Straight Jacket by Matthew Todd (2016) ISBN 978-0-552-77840-4
- Rainbow Milk by Paul Mendez (2020) ISBN 978-0-349-70059-5
- Why We Kneel How We Rise by Michael Holding (2021) ISBN 978-1398503236
- We can do better than this -35 Voices on future LGBT by Amelia Abraham (2021) ISBN 978-1529113310
- Pride The story of LGBT equality by Matthew Todd (2019) ISBN 978-1787396869
Pivotal moments in UK LGBTQ History
Select the buttons below to learn more.
Faces of LGBTQ History Month
LGBTQ and Allies Supporting History Month at Bedfordshire