Admissions principles and policy
The University of Bedfordshire’s mission is to create a vibrant multicultural learning community enabling people to transform their lives by participating in excellent, innovative education, scholarship and research.
The University of Bedfordshire is committed to the maintenance of academic standards and ensuring that:
- All applicants are treated fairly and in a non-discriminatory manner
- All applicants with the demonstrable ability to benefit from one of our courses are enabled to do so, where a suitable vacancy exists and where entry criteria are met
- All routes into higher education which are of a comparable standard are accorded parity of esteem
- The social background of the student body reflects the institutional commitment to widening participation, fair access and internationalisation.
The University is committed to providing an admissions process that ensures fairness, transparency and equal opportunity and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of their background or individual circumstances.
- The University of Bedfordshire is committed to maintaining the highest academic standards
- The University aims to ensure that its admissions and recruitment processes are fair, open and transparent
- The University strives to promote its courses as widely as possible amongst all groups of individuals that may benefit from its provision
- The University aims to admit students who have the ability to successfully complete and to benefit from the course of study
- The University ensures that the operation of admissions processes and application of entry criteria are undertaken in compliance with the Equality Act
- The University values diversity and is committed to equality in education. Students are selected on the basis of their individual merits, abilities and aptitudes. The University seeks to overcome barriers to participation and to support each individual to develop to their full potential
Feedback and appeals
The University is committed to the provision of high quality, fair and transparent admissions procedures for all our applicants.
There may, however, be occasions when an applicant will wish to ask why their application has been rejected or believe that they have cause for a complaint or to make an appeal against the decision.
The process for applicants to request feedback or to make an appeal against a decision is outlined within the Admissions Policy (page 16) [PDF]
During office hours
+44 (0)1234 400 400
Outside office hours
+44 (0)1582 74 39 89