Dr Nasrullah Khan Khilji
Course Leader and Senior Lecturer in Business Management
I am the course director and senior lecturer in Business Management leading a portfolio of project and operations management as well as coordinating various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. I was the course leader in project management and unit coordinator for project and operations management in the Department of Strategy and Management, Business School, University of Bedfordshire, during 2016-2018. I have undertaken external academic course review and course validation panel member roles in UK and abroad (including MSc and MBA programmes in Project Management).
I was nominated as a caretaker minister for Education, Science and Technology in the Government of Baluchistan - Pakistan for the interim government set up in order to contribute in the education reform programme in 2018.
I am currently coordinating business management courses at Malta, Jordan and Bangladesh though I previously served as Link Coordinator for the MBA partnership programmes at the Nations School of Business and Management in Guyana and as MBA Link Tutor for Operations and Project management in Majan College University programmes in Oman during 2016-2018.
Before joining the Business School at the University of Bedfordshire in 2016, I lectured in project and operations management at the School of Computing and Engineering, University of West London, during 2013-2015, where I developed the delivery of three new modules including Project Strategies, Commercial Management of Construction and Construction Project Management.
I have previously worked as a senior training facilitator for project and programme management executive level corporate courses at Cranfield Management Development Centre organised by AAXAL Training Company. I directed and coordinated the PEARL Institute of Management and Information Technology, the higher education institution imparting technical trainings in Pakistan during 1999-2007.
- PhD on Knowledge Management in UK Local Government Planning System: A study of ICTs and social interaction in planning processes - University of West London, UK
- PgCert in Leading Teaching and Learning in Higher Education - University of Bedfordshire, UK
- MBA in Management Information System - Cardiff Business School, UK
- MSc in Mathematics - University of Baluchistan, PK
- Cert-PDC - Professional Development Course for External Examiners, Advance-HE
- PgCert in Research Methods - Thames Valley University, UK
- PgDip in Leadership and Project Management - University of Bedfordshire, UK
- PgDip in Project Management - IBMI, Berlin, Germany
- PgDip in Computer Science - University of Baluchistan, PK
- PgCert in Academic Practice - University of West London, UK
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Full membership of the Association for Project Management (MAPM)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
- Member of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Member of the Operations Research Society (ORS)
- Certified Member CDM of the Association of Project Safety (APS)
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Fellowship of Higher Education Academy (HEA) aligned to Descriptor-2 of the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) and Senior-fellowship aligned to Descriptor-3 of the UKPSF respectively
- Associate Member of International Council for Knowledge Management (ICKM)
- Executive member of the Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship (AOTS)
- Business Management
- Project Management
- Operations Management
- Knowledge Management
- Management Information Systems
- E-Business and Digital Business Management
- Leadership and Organisational Behaviour
- International Business Management
- Business Strategies and System
- Strategic Technology Management
- Digital Business Management and Innovation
- Big Data Analytics, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- The socio-technical system: exploring human efficiency and technology effectiveness
- Use and applications of knowledge management and Big Data Analytics
- Information management systems in learning organisations
- Tools and techniques in project management and business strategies
- Applications of tools and techniques in project and operations management
- Pedagogical excellence in higher education
- Integrated knowledge-based processes for sustainable development
- Leading teaching and learning in higher education
- Acquisition of digitisation and sift skills
I intend to remain vigorous in scholarly research activities while actively looking for income generating project proposals. I am accustomed to teaming up to develop and win funding for innovative research and teaching development, as well as to making proposals for various other relevant research and commercial activities.
I am keen to supervise the research work in areas of my specific expertise as I am well prepared to lead my teaching team with desired skills to supervise student enterprise activities such as visits, field trips and placements.
I was involved in the INTEREG European Funded InfoTech Project as a senior observer for small and medium businesses in Balkan Mediterranean Region during 2016-2019. I have also coordinated a bilateral UK-Turkey Erasmus+ funded project for staff and student exchange for skill and knowledge development between University of Bedfordshire, UK, and Necmettin Erbakan Üniversitesi, Turkey, in 2017.
- Validation committee member for MSc Project Management at Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
- External academic review panel member for MSc International Business Management at Muscat University, Oman
- Senior advisor to the INTERREG European funded Balkan-Mediterranean Info-Tech project
- Member of the reviewer committee for the Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management “EJKM”
- Reviewer for the Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education “JARHE”
- Reviewer for the Journal of Information and Knowledge Management "JIKM"
- Guest Speaker of Dublin Institute of Technology 'DIT' - Ireland
- Associate member of Japanese scholarship training programme - AOST
- Executive member of PEARL Institute of Management and IT in Quetta, Pakistan
- Senior consultant at PEARL Organisation “Promoting Educational Activities and Resources Links”
Rewards and Recognitions
- Best PhD Research Paper and Presentation Award: Winner of the best PhD research paper award in the 10th International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning – ICICKM 2013 at the George Washington University, Washington-DC, USA.
- Nomination for AEP, Cranfield University: Nominated to present the business idea in the Cranfield School of Management, Batteny Research, Cranfield University for AEP (Aspiring Entrepreneurship Programme 2011) for Business.
- Bright Sparc Award: Recognising Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Business Support in Technology Award Winner for the category ‘Best Collaboration Between Education and Business’. Award was sponsored by the Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Innovation and Growth Team from Open University at Cranfield Management Research Institute venture day.
- East of England Development Authority (EEDA) Innovation Voucher Award: Innovation Voucher was awarded to me to integrate with the Cranfield University experts for the business support in the East of England to share academic expertise and knowledge with the region’s universities and research institutes to support innovation and business improvement.
- European Union Social Fund for Leadership and Project Management: SGiE (Support Graduates in Employment) - I was nominated for the Leadership and Project Management executive program funded project by European Union, Bedford Borough Council and University of Bedfordshire to support graduates in career development.
Conferences and Symposiums
- Presented a conference research paper ‘Soft Skills Acquisition for the Knowledge Economy: A Research Strategy for Policy Development in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Intermediate and Emergent Economies’; at the 34th Eurasia Business and Economics Society hosted by EBES and supported by the University of Piraeus, Athens in January 2021.
- Presented a research paper ‘A conceptual framework of knowledge sharing for enhanced performance in the HEIs’; at the 21stEuropean Conference on Knowledge Management hosted by ACPI and supported by Coventry University, UK for a Virtual Symposium during December 2020
- Presented a conference paper on “Towards an Integrated Framework for the Development of Sustainable Provision of Project Management courses within Higher Education”, Developmental paper accepted for British Academy Management (BAM) conference in September 2020
- A research paper publication “Understanding the current research on the use and impact of big data analytics: a systematic literature review”. Big Data Analytics, Data Mining and Computational Intelligence (BigDaCI 2018) – Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2018) Proceedings. Madrid, Spain, 18-20 July 2018
- Presented a conference paper on “Incorporating knowledge management tools in the UK local government towards improved planning support services”: Conference Proceedings, 14thInternational Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning, Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Paper presentation ‘Collaborating with PhD Research Students to Enhance Masters Students’ Dissertation Learning Experience’ in the CABS 2017 annual conference on Learning, Teaching & Student Experience during 25-26 April, 2017 in Bristol, UK
- Poster presentation ‘Encouraging Student Engagement through Communities of Practice’ at the UKAT Annual Conference during 5-6 April, 2017 in Leeds Trinity University
- Attended and presented poster in the Teaching and Learning Conference ‘Students as Partners in Learning’ on June 28th, 2016 at the University of West London, London, UK
- Paper presentation ‘An exploratory study of knowledge management for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness: The transformation of planning system in the UK local government’ in the 10th International Conference on Knowledge Management and the 5th International Symposium on Information Management in a Changing World in Antalya, Turkey between 24-26 Nov, 2014
- Paper presentation ‘The Role of ICT Strategy and Knowledge Management in the UK Local Government Planning System Refinement’ in the 10th International Conference on Technology, Knowledge and Society at Universidad Complutense-de Madrid, Spain between 06-07 Feb, 2014
- Paper presentation ‘The role of innovative communication channels, effective co-ordination strategy and knowledge management in the UK local government planning system’ in the 9th International Conference on Knowledge Management at McGill University, Montreal, Canada amid 01-03 Nov, 2013
- Paper presentation ‘An exploratory study of knowledge management in the UK local government planning system for improved efficiency and effectiveness’ in the 10th International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning – ICICKM 2013 at the George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA between 24-26 Oct, 2013
- Paper presentation ‘An Integrated Knowledge Based Planning System in the UK Local Government’ at the KIM2013 Knowledge and Information Management Conference, OR Society, Coventry, UK between 02-04 Jun, 2013
- Paper presentation ‘Tips on Giving Research Presentation’ at the Research² 2012 PhD Student Conference, Presentation, Dissemination and Publication Conference, Loughborough University, UK between 19-20 Mar, 2012
- Paper presentation ‘The application of information and communication technologies in the UK Local Government planning system to deliver effective and efficient services’ at the 4th Annual Information Studies Postgraduate Symposium, Department of Information and Communications, Manchester Metropolitan University between 05-06 May, 2011
- Paper Presentation ‘Applications of Knowledge Management in the UK Local Government Planning System’ in the 2010/11 Annual Conference for Postgraduate Research MPhil/PHD Students at University of West London, UK on April 5th, 2011
- Paper presentation ‘Research Design and Data Analysis’ at the Research² 2011 PhD Data Analysis Conference, Department of Information Science, Loughborough University between 07-08 Jul, 2011
- Poster presentation ‘An exploratory study of innovative communication channels, effective coordination strategy and knowledge management in UK local government’ at the Annual 2009-2010 MPhil/PhD Conference at Thames Valley University, London
- Khilji, K., Duan, Y. and Tehrani, J. (2021) Knowledge Sharing for Enhanced Performance in the HEIs. Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice. Vol. 21(4) 2021, pp: 80-93 - https://doi.org/10.33423/jhetp.v21i4.4210
- Khilji, K. and Roberts, A. (2020) Soft skills acquisition for the knowledge economy: a research strategy for policy development in technical and vocational education and training (TVET) in intermediate and emergent economies. The 34th Eurasia Business and Economics Society, University of Piraeus, Athens during January 6-8, 2021- https://uobrep.openrepository.com/handle/10547/624877
- Richardson, D., Khilji, N., Tehrani, J. and Goel, R. (2020) “Towards an Integrated Framework for the Development of Sustainable Provision of Project Management courses within Higher Education”, Developmental paper accepted for British Academy Management (BAM), 2020 conference - https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/events/1520/submissions/206588/question/25454/programme-builder/download
- Duan, Y; Ramanathan, R; Khilji, N. and Cao, G. 2018 “Understanding the current research on the use and impact of big data analytics: a systematic literature review”. Big Data Analytics, Data Mining and Computational Intelligence (BigDaCI: 2018) – Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2018) Proceedings. Madrid, Spain, 18-20 July 2018 - http://www.iadisportal.org/digital-library/understanding-current-research-on-the-use-and-impact-of-big-data-analytics-a-systematic-literature-review
- Khilji, N., Duan, Y. Lewis, R. and Bukoye, T. (2017) Incorporating knowledge management tools in the UK local government towards improved planning support services: Conference Proceedings, 14th International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning, the Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, ISBN: 978-1-911218-62-3, pp: 122-133. http://toc.proceedings.com/37737webtoc.pdf
- Richardson, D., Bukoye, T. and Khilji, N. (2017) Collaborating with PhD research students to enhance Masters Students’ dissertation learning experience. The 6th annual conference on learning, teaching and student experience conference; Chartered Association of Business Schools, Bristol, UK - https://charteredabs.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/LTSE-2017-conference-programme-3.pdf
- Richardson, D., Bukoye, T. and Khilji, N. (2017) Encouraging student engagement through communities of practice’, poster presented at UK Advising and Tutoring (UKAT) Conference, Leeds Trinity University, dated 5th-6th April, 2017 - https://www.ukat.uk/resources/conference%20programme%202017.pdf
- Khilji, K. and Roberts, A. (2015) An exploratory study of knowledge management for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness: the transformation of the planning system in the UK local government. Journal of Information & Knowledge Management, 14(1), pp.315-332 - https://www.worldscientific.com/doi/abs/10.1142/S0219649215500112
- Khilji, K. and Roberts, A. (2014) The role of ICT strategy and knowledge management in the reform of the UK local government planning system. Journal of Technologies in Knowledge Sharing, 10 (1), pp. 17-30, CG Publisher; https://cgscholar.com/bookstore/works/the-role-of-ict-strategy-and-knowledge-management-in-the-reform-of-the-uk-local-government-planning-system?category_id=cgrn
- Rehman, S. and Khilji, K. (2014) Fast pace of change in ICTs: information & communication technologies and knowledge workers’ training issues. Asian Journal of Business and Management, 2 (5), pp. 454-460. https://www.ajouronline.com/index.php/AJBM/article/view/1546
- Khilji, K. and Roberts, A. (2013) An exploratory study of knowledge management in the UK local government planning system for improved efficiency and effectiveness: Conference Proceedings, 10th International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning, the George Washington University, Washington Dc, 1 (2), pp: 551-560. https://issuu.com/acpil/docs/icickm2013-proceedings-issuu2
- Khilji, K. and Roberts, S. (2013) The role of innovative communication channels, effective coordination strategy and knowledge management in the UK local government planning system. Journal of Information and Knowledge Management, 12 (4), pp: 315-332. https://www.worldscientific.com/doi/abs/10.1142/S0219649213500330
- Khilji, K. and Roberts, S. (2013) Auditing the impact of knowledge management on human and technological resources in the UK local government for planning processes: VISTAS, 2 (2), pp: 72-90. https://repository.uwl.ac.uk/id/eprint/476
T: +44 (0)1582 743030
During office hours
+44 (0)1234 400 400
Outside office hours
+44 (0)1582 74 39 89
Our Tweets: @uniofbeds
Mar 24, 2023
Mar 23, 2023
Mar 23, 2023
Mar 23, 2023
Mar 23, 2023
Mar 23, 2023
Mar 23, 2023
Mar 22, 2023
Mar 21, 2023
Mar 20, 2023