Contact Us

By telephone
During office hours
(Monday-Friday 08:30-17:00)
+44 (0)1234 400 400

Outside office hours
(Campus Watch)
+44 (0)1582 74 39 89

By email (admissions) (international) (student support) (registration) (exchanges)

By post
University of Bedfordshire
University Square

Postgraduate UK/EU students

Funding for Postgraduate Study

Postgraduate students can receive funding from the Government for their Master's degree. Please visit: to find out more about funding for postgraduate study.

Career Development Loan

For information on financial assistance to support your learning call the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900, or visit

1st year full-time students are not eligible for a Career Development Loan but can apply for Student Finance

The University's Learning Provider Registration Number is 8229.

Am I eligible?

To qualify for a Career Development Loan you must be:

  • 18 or over
  • Be a British citizen
  • Have been living in the UK for at least 3 years before your course starts
  • Intending to work in the UK, European Union (EU), or European Economic Area (EEA) when you have finished your course

Research students

There are a number of organisations that offer grants and studentships for research students.

Enter 'postgraduate' in the search box at for information on funding for postgraduate study and research.

Research studentships offered by the University of Bedfordshire are advertised in Job vacancies

Social Work bursary for full-time postgraduate courses

This bursary is available to students ordinarily resident in England, studying on an approved full-time postgraduate course. The bursary consists of a non-income assessed basic grant and income-assessed maintenance grant and allowances for certain living costs.

Am I eligible?

The bursary is assessed on individual circumstances so for further details regarding eligibility please contact the NHS Business Services Authority
T: 0845 6101122

Bedfordshire University

Apply» Fees & Funding» Scholarships and bursaries» Postgraduate UK/EU students