MMSP 2017 - the IEEE 19th International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing
The awards have been announced and the award procedure is explained at www.beds.ac.uk/mmsp2017/awards
MMSP 2017 is the IEEE 19th International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing. The workshop is organised by the Multimedia Signal Processing Technical Committee of the IEEE Signal Processing Society. The workshop will bring together researchers and developers working on multimedia signal processing to share their experience, exchange views, explore future research directions and network.
Papers are solicited in (but not limited to) the following areas, covering the general scope of multimedia signal processing and this year's workshop theme:
- Image/video/speech/audio coding and processing
- Multimedia networking
- Multimedia traffic, communications and heterogeneous interactions
- Multimedia quality assessment
- Internet of Things (IoT)-based multimedia systems and applications
- Multimedia hardware design
- Multimedia big data analytics
- Distributed multimedia for body networks
- Deep learning for health-specific event detection and classification
- Streaming, security and privacy for healthcare
- Sparsity-based and low-rank based sensing of human vital signs
- Multimedia for smart homes and elderly care
- Multimedia processing for tele-rehabilitation
- Computational imaging for healthcare applications
- Healthcare monitoring applications using wearable technologies
- Augmented, mixed and virtual reality
This year’s event has a theme of ‘Multimedia Processing for Healthcare and Assisted Living’. However, other multimedia signal processing problems will be also solicited. Recent advances in multimedia processing and communications have potential to significantly advance current healthcare and assisted living services by enabling remote health monitoring, remote diagnostics, increased patient privacy, robotic-assisted surgery, and home-based treatment. A huge diversity of multimedia processing techniques, ranging from image/audio sensing, compression and networking, denoising, feature extraction, security, distributed processing, depth image processing, cloud and social computing, visualization and multimedia big data analytics, can all find their applications in future healthcare and elderly-care. However, to fully realize this potential and embed multimedia solutions into day-to-day healthcare practice, many challenges need to be overcome that call for significant engineering innovation, which can only happen through close interdisciplinary effort.
The MMSP-2017 Workshop will bring together experts from different fields, including signal processing, computer science, communications, medicine, rehabilitation, to exchange ideas on how multimedia research can support advancements of future healthcare and how best to facilitate interactions between multimedia researchers and healthcare and assisted living providers.
Papers focused on the theme of the workshop as well as other multimedia signal processing problems will be solicited.