During the uncertainty of the global Covid19 pandemic, our University’s student and staff community has done some fantastic things which we wanted to celebrate.
From volunteering to fundraising, to advising public health policy and to simply making positive memories – these encouraging stories have been the backbone behind our 2020 #ProudToBeBeds campaign.
Take a look around the rooms of our virtual gallery which includes photos, news and social media highlights to find out how Bedfordshire’s students and staff have been making a difference...
- Inspiring healthcare lecturers volunteer with local NHS Hospital Trusts
- Materials to make 400 visors provided by University
- #ProudToBeBeds: University celebrates unity in national #WeAreTogether campaign
- Professor and Sikh Channel provide invaluable public health advice to community
- Professor to tackle BAME health risks as part of Men’s Health Week webinar
- Vice Chancellor shares message of solidarity for Remembering Srebrenica anniversary
- Bedfordshire Honorary and local musician Tom Grennan offers helping hand
- University Court members offer support during pandemic
- Academic to lead British Psychological Society’s COVID-19 Behavioural Science & Disease Prevention taskforce
- University Football Team run to Croatia and back for the NHS
- Bedfordshire education student launches online art lessons in coronavirus lockdown
- National Graduates Day: Bedfordshire’s Class of 2020 shines with resilience
- Bedfordshire lecturer launches daddy and daughter podcast from their shed
- Professor joins regional #BlackLivesMatter debate
- Volunteers’ Week 2020: University celebrates student volunteers
- University and Citizens Advice Luton collaborate on new digital advice app
- University launches cultural education partnership for Luton during lockdown
- University and local SME receive funding for Covid-19 research
- ITV News Anglia: Covid-secure teaching - interview with David Seaton (Assistant Director of Admissions & Recruitment) at Bedford campus'
- £307k secured for Bedfordshire’s creative community thanks to University support
- Student uses empty Mall as art gallery during lockdown
- From LU3 to NYC: Graduate’s art goes global
- Alumni shares ‘virtual’ advice with aspiring Media and Performance students
- University tells the region’s children: “Let’s Create!”
- BBC Look East: Studying in Lockdown - interviews with Ruki Heritage (Director of Student Experience) and student Megan Murphy
- #ProudToBeBeds social media highlights