Progress into Employment & Training
Progress into Employment and Training (PiET) is an EU funded project to help people in Luton gain key skills that employers are seeking, and to help them identify and access the wide range of available employment opportunities.
Some of the areas Productivity Escalator can support:
Who is Progress into Employment & Training for?
- Individuals over 16 years old that are currently unemployed or are considered to be inactive
- Individuals who live in one of the following Luton wards - Farley, Biscot, Dallow, Lewsey, Leagrave, Sundon Park, Northwell, Round Green, High Town, South and Crawley
- Those who are currently not supported by another European Social Fund (ESF) programme
- Individuals who have permission to reside and work within the United Kingdom or Ireland
- You will be required to produce one of these valid ID documents - UK Birth Certificate, European ID Card, British P60, Home Office Residence Permit or Passport UK/EEA/Switzerland
What you can expect
- Initial telephone or face-to-face conversation to assess your opportunities
- Development of a mutually agreed plan for free training courses. For example: Lean Six Sigma with the University of Bedfordshire, or Digital Marketing training with one of our partners - offering you the skills companies are seeking without affecting your benefit payments
- Identification of the range of employment opportunities and options that match your skills and experience, and guidance on how to successfully access them