You may find you are experiencing difficulties with your studies that lead you to think that you may have dyslexia. You are welcome to seek our help.
Please request a screening form by calling in to Student Support Reception (Bedford campus) or by logging a SiD enquiry (other campuses) at the SiD Helpdesk or online
Alternatively you can ask for a form by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will give you or send you a form to fill out that includes a handwriting exercise.
- Read the instructions and the accompanying leaflet carefully before you complete the form.
- You will be offered an appointment with an advisor once you have completed the form and returned it to Student Support Reception (Bedford campus) or a SiD Helpdesk
- During the appointment, your form will be reviewed and you and the advisor will discuss your challenges further.
- You may be asked to complete additional screening tasks.
- If the advisor determines that there are strong indicators of dyslexia, you will be offered a full Diagnostic Assessment.
- You will be asked to part-fund this assessment (£100). The University pays the balance of the cost.
- A Diagnostic Assessment Report, with a diagnosis of dyslexia, provides the evidence - PDF 210.2 KB
for your application for Disabled Students' Allowance
- Whatever the outcome of the screening process, your advisor will discuss your study support options with you.