All about entry requirements
At the University of Bedfordshire, we consider you as an individual and take into account all elements of your application, not just your qualifications and whether you meet entry requirements. We are looking for both breadth and depth in your current studies as well as enthusiasm for your subject choice.
The information provided here is a general guide only. Entry requirements vary from course to course; some may have subject-specific qualification requirements such as GCSEs and work experience. So, before applying, please check the requirements for the course you’re interested in on our course pages
UCAS tariff score of 96 points is equivalent to:
- Three A levels, grades CCC or ACE
- Two A levels plus two AS levels, grades CC+BB or CD+AA
- Two A levels plus one AS level plus one Extended Project – grades CC+B+C or BC+C+D
- One A level plus BTEC diploma, grades C+Merit/Merit
- BTEC extended diploma, grades Merit/Merit/Merit
- Access to HE diploma, grades D9+M27+P9 or M45
UCAS tariff score of 112 points is equivalent to:
- Three A levels, grades BCC or ACD
- Two A levels plus two AS levels, grades BC+BB or CC+AA
- Two A levels plus one AS level plus one extended project, grades BC+B+C or BB+D+C
- One A level plus BTEC diploma, grades B+Merit/Merit
- BTEC extended diploma, grades Distinction/Merit/Merit
- Access to HE diploma, grades D18+M21+P6 or D9+M36
UCAS tariff score of 120 UCAS points is equivalent to:
- Three A levels, grades BBB or A*CC
- Two A levels plus two AS levels, grades BB+AA or AB+BB
- Two A levels plus one AS level plus one extended project, grades BB+B+A or AB+B+C
- One A level plus BTEC diploma, grades A+Distinction/Merit or D+Distinction/Distinction
- BTEC extended diploma, grades Distinction/Distinction/Merit
- Access to HE diploma, grades D27+M15+P3 or D24+M21
We also accept combinations of qualifications equivalent to A levels including:
- BTEC Extended Diploma
- BTEC Extended Certificate
- Access to Higher Education Diploma
- Scottish Higher Qualification
You can check your qualifications are valid for UK universities through the UCAS Tariff Calculator
As a guideline, a typical offer would require you to obtain a UCAS tariff score of at least 32 points, based on your level 3 studies.
You’ll probably be interested in a Foundation degree if you have completed a modern apprenticeship, vocational A levels, BTEC National or equivalent. Many students studying for Foundation degrees come to us through work-based routes so you can apply for a Foundation degree even if you don't have traditional academic qualifications.
We welcome applicants with relevant work experience.
The normal entry requirements for postgraduate degrees are a good Honours degree in an appropriate subject from a recognised university: 2:2 for taught degrees; 2.1 for Master’s by research. We may also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications and those with substantial, related work experience.
Applicants who do not have English as a first language must demonstrate they have the correct level of English for their course.
Once you’ve found the course you’d like to apply for, make sure you have or are on course to achieve the entry requirements for that course.
The University recognises that many prospective students, particularly mature applicants, have a vast range of expertise, skills and knowledge.
RPEL (Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning) and RPCL (Recognition of prior Certificated Learning) enable you to receive formal recognition for experience, skills and knowledge you already possess that have not been previously assessed or awarded credit.
RPCL and RPEL are both available for UK students.
If you would like prior certified learning or work experience recognised, please complete the RPCL and/or RPEL claim forms. If you are including a portfolio with your submission, please fill in a portfolio cover sheet as well. Finally, we have included our RPCL policy document for your interest.
All applicants are required to demonstrate a sufficient level of written and spoken English in order to undertake all our degree- and Master's-level courses. The level of competence required depends on what type of course you wish to study. Please see the specific course page for the level required.
We accept a number of qualifications to satisfy the English language entry requirements.
The Admissions team would be pleased to offer any additional guidance you need on whether the qualifications you currently hold or are taking would be suitable for entry. Contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01582 743500.
During office hours
+44 (0)1234 400 400
Outside office hours
+44 (0)1582 74 39 89