Lecturer in Sport and Physical Education
Prior to taking up the position of Lecturer in Sport and Physical Education at the University of Bedfordshire I worked in a wide variety of schools over twelve years, latterly as Director of Sport.
I have always been a keen sportswoman but currently enjoy training and competing in running/duathlons.
I have qualified for championship places in the London marathon, an elite place in Bristol 10K/Great North Run and was recently selected for the V35 England Half Marathon team.
I still coach the juniors at my athletics club as well as being a governor at a local primary school. I am also studying on an EdD course.
- Physical Education (Primary and Secondary)
- Social Justice issues in Sport/School
I am currently researching gender and sexuality themes within and beyond Relationship, Health and Sex Education in Primaries.
- BSc Sport Science and Physical Education, Secondary PGCE in Physical Education,
- MSc PE & Sport Pedagogy
- BSc Mathematics and Learning
- HEA Fellowship
Membership of professional bodies
Internal/ external roles
- School Liaison Officer for SSPA,
- Teaching & Learning Representative,
- Secretary for LGBTQ+ Alliance University of Bedfordshire Staff Group
- Co-opted governor of a Primary School
- Marking Primary/GCSE/BTEC/A Level PE & Mathematics papers
- BA/BSc/MA Pedagogy Units
- Baird, A. (2019). ‘Redefining an Identity When Transitioning from Secondary School Teacher to University Lecturer’. Research Intelligence (BERA), 141 winter, page 33.
- Baird, A. (2019). ‘Reflections on and Strategies to Create Gender Parity in Physical Education Lessons’. In J. L. Walton-Fisette, S. Sutherland and J. Hill (Eds.) Teaching about Social Justice Issues in Physical Education, USA: Information Age Publishing.
- Baird, A. (September, 2019). Understanding female newcomers in non-senior roles in a Post-1992 University. Presented at Institute of Sport Physical Activity Research annual conference, Bedfordshire.
- Hill, J., Wesley, K., Baird, A. and Stewart, A. (September, 2019). Student Journeys: a collaborative project on academic identity with community and first generation higher education students. Paper presented at British Academy Research Association annual conference, Manchester.
T: +44 (0)1234 793428
Our Tweets: @UoB_SSPA
Jan 06, 2021
Jan 05, 2021
Dec 24, 2020
Dec 21, 2020
Dec 18, 2020
Dec 16, 2020
Dec 16, 2020
Dec 15, 2020
Dec 11, 2020