Research Student MAPS 2019

Part 1 of 7

The purpose of the annual Monitoring of Academic Progress of Students (MAPS) process is to enable you to reflect on your progress with your studies and raise any concerns.
When you submit this form, copies will be emailed to you for your records and to the RGS as a record of the annual monitoring.

The RGS will review submitted forms and facilitate discussion or offer guidance where concerns remain unresolved. We may contact you to see how we might best address any issues identified.

We will not share the information you submit with anyone else without consulting you first. Anonymised data will be used for reporting purposes.


Enquire about research degrees

By telephone
During office hours
(Monday-Friday 08:30-17:00)
+44 (0)1582 489056

By email

How to apply for a research degree

For all the information you need on how to apply for a research degree and to make sure you fulfil the entry requirements visit our 'How to apply' page

You should have a good honours degree (2:1 or above) or masters degree or equivalent in the relevant subject area.

International applicants should be aware of our English language requirements