Research Studentships

Studentships are an amount of money awarded to a student to work on a research project at a university. Where Studentships are available these are advertised on this area of the University of Bedfordshire website and on

Postgraduate Loans

If you are a Home or EU student you may be eligible for a Postgraduate Loan from the Government to help with course fees and living costs.

Career Development Loans

You may be able to take out a Career Development Loan (CDL) to help cover the cost of fees and living costs.

Research Council Grants

Research Councils UK are made up of seven awarding bodies. Between them they offer funding in mostly all areas of postgraduate study.

Each year they award around 6,000 studentships so there is quite a bit of competition.

Visit Prospects for more information and to find out what your options are.

Support from an employer

This is could be an option for you if you are currently working and would like to progress further in the company you are already in.

Employers may wish to sponsor your whole degree or partially fund some of it. Some companies already have sponsorship programmes in place so it is worth doing your research.

Employer sponsorship could also extend to a contribution to the cost of books and materials, day release to attend classes or the provision of study time.


University switchboard
During office hours
(Monday-Friday 08:30-17:00)
+44 (0)1234 400 400

Outside office hours
(Campus Watch)
+44 (0)1582 74 39 89



International office

Student support


Our Tweets: @uniofbeds