With access to industry-standard, state-of-the-art facilities, including a human performance laboratory, a muscle cellular laboratory and sport and science labs, we provide an exciting and dynamic hands-on teaching and learning experience. During your studies you’ll also have the opportunity to develop your knowledge further by getting involved with research projects and through undertaking additional sporting qualifications alongside your degree. We also have links with both local and national organisations, providing you with opportunities to gain industry-related work experience to enhance your employability.
We have five possible sport scholarships on offer for you to apply for. They are designed to support and develop you in your chosen sports. Read about our Sport Scholarships
Reasons to study in the School of Sport Science and Physical Activity
Our students say our courses, teaching and support are a winning combination, that’s why we are 54th out of 122 for Sport in the Guardian University Guide 2023.
We’re 4th for employability in the Guardian League Table 2023 because our courses get you a degree-level job.
Sports Science ranked 5th for Graduate Prospects in the 2023 Times / Good University Guide league table.
Sport Science and Physical Activity Courses
- Clinical Exercise Therapy BSc (Hons)
- Football Business BA (Hons)
- Football Coaching BA (Hons)
- Football Studies BA (Hons)
- Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)
- Sport and Physical Education BA (Hons)
- Sport and Physical Education BSc (Hons)
- Sport Coaching Science BSc (Hons)
- Sports Coaching and Development BA (Hons)
- Sports Science (Sports Coaching) FdSc
- Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation BSc (Hons)
- Strength and Conditioning BSc (Hons)