Centre for Research in English Language Learning and Assessment (CRELLA)
Director: Professor Anthony Green
Global leaders in language assessment research
- Research by CRELLA has been recognised as world leading by the Research Excellence Framework (REF2021), the UK government assessment of the quality of research
- In our research field (English Language and Literature), the University of Bedfordshire placed third among 92 institutions with 72% of our research classed as 4* world leading (the highest level awarded): REF2021
- CRELLA research was judged 100% world leading for its social and economic impact.
- The environment for supporting research at CRELLA was also judged 100% world leading
- All of our submitted research publications were judged to be of at least international significance with 53% evaluated as world leading and 35% 3 * internationally excellent..
- View list of our research publications
- As part of the School of Education and English Language, CRELLA was established in 2005 on the University’s postgraduate campus at Putteridge Bury: a spacious and pleasant environment with a welcoming atmosphere that encourages the best in research and scholarship.
- Learn more about the work of our students, our recent projects and training programmes
- Learn more about CRELLA staff and their areas of interest.
Free online resources in language testing and assessment