Centre for Research in English Language Learning and Assessment (CRELLA)
Director: Professor Anthony Green
Leading in language assessment research
- In REF2014, the most recent UK government assessment of the quality of research in UK higher education institutions, CRELLA's research was judged to be 100% world leading (4* - the highest level) for its social and economic impact.
- Our research publications were evaluated 45% world leading (4* - the highest level) and 33% internationally excellent (3*).
- See a list of our research publications
Quality research and capacity-building world-wide
- As part of the School of Education and English Language, CRELLA was established in 2005 on the University’s postgraduate campus at Putteridge Bury: a spacious and pleasant environment with a welcoming atmosphere that encourages the best in research and scholarship.
- Learn more about the work of our students, our recent projects and training programmes
- Learn more about CRELLA staff and their areas of interest.
Home of the Socio-Cognitive Framework
Used for quality assurance by many of the world’s leading testing organisations as well as by language assessment researchers.
Learn more about the socio-cognitive framework
Free online resources in language testing and assessment
Our Tweets: @crella_beds
Jul 19, 2021
Jul 08, 2021
Jul 02, 2021
Jul 01, 2021
Jun 24, 2021
Jun 23, 2021
Jun 10, 2021
May 27, 2021
May 20, 2021