CST Future Events
Cybersecurity Club @ UoB
IBM Z Xplore (formally called Master The Mainframe)
This year's competition will start in October 2021. CST students are encouraged to attempt this series of tasks and where possible to complete them all.
The 5th International Workshop on Applications of AI, Cyber Security and Economics Big Data (ACE-2021)
In conjunction with
The 6th IEEE Int’l Congress on Cyber Science and Technology (CyberSciTech 2021)
Athabasca University, Calgary, Canada, 25-28, October 2021 cyber-science.org/2021
Subject and Objectives
This international workshop provides a platform for IT experts and young researchers to present their Cyber related original research discoveries updates. The workshop period is an opportunity to network with top researchers in the world to exchange ideas, intrigue more creativity, as well as to obtain fore-view and guidance for further explorations of Cyber space. The ACE workshop was held first with IEEE 2017 CyberSciTech in Orlando, USA, then held in Exeter, UK in 2018 and in Leicester, UK in 2019. ACE 2021 is the 5th edition with focus on innovative applications of AI, cyber security and big data as well as their integrations.
Scope and Topics
This workshop is broad in scope and invites original research contributions on topics that include, but are not limited to the following:
- AI and Intelligent Applications
- Smart City, AV and 5G Technology
- Cyber Security and Safety
- Cyber Economy and Finance
- Cyber-Stalking and Cyber-Bullying
- Big Data Analysis and Applications
- Block Chain and IoT Applications
- Security Monitoring and Analysis
- Digital Forensics, Cryptography and Steganography
Submission and Publication
Authors should submit a paper of up to 6 pages of their original work. Submitted papers need to abide by IEEE Computer Society formats, and must be formatted accordingly. See www.ieee.org/conferences
All submissions will be made through CyberSciTech 2021 website cyber-science.org/2021
All the accepted papers must be presented in the workshop during and will also be included in the IEEE CyberSciTech proceedings, which will be published by IEEE CPS (EI indexed, in IEEE DL).
Important Dates - Extended
- Abstract Submission Date: 2021-05-20
- Full Paper Submission Date: 2021-08-27
- Notification of Acceptance Date: 2021-09-21
- Final Camera-Ready Paper Submission Date: 2021-10-01
- Xiaohua Feng, University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Emma Short, De Montford University, UK
- Yuping Zhao, Peking University, China
- Liangxiu Han, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Jon Hitchcock, University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Wenbin Zhao, Cleveland State University, USA
- Feng Dong, Strathclyde University, UK
- Dayou Li, University of Bedfordshire, UK
Program Committee Chairs
- Junke Xu, University of Foreign Affairs, China,
- Saad Amin, Chair of Engineering and Information Technology, University of Dubai, UAE
- Yunzhong Feng, Hebei Normal University, China
- Hongqing Yu, University of Derby, UK
- G. Min, University of Exeter, UK
- A. Emrouznejad, Aston University, UK
- Longzhi Yang, Northumbria University, UK
- Mudhafar Al-Jarrah, Middle East University, Jordan
- Z. Sun, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- David Huang Westminster University, UK
Weaponised PDFs Masterclass
Postponed - New date and time to be announced soon!
Guest Speaker: Geraint Williams, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at GRC International Group
Following the interest of the audience and success of Geraint Williams’s talk on Thursday 29 November on Weaponised PDFs, Geraint is planning to hold a full-day Weaponised PDFs workshop/masterclass on Saturday 19 January.
The Weaponised PDFs Masterclass is still in the planning stages, and more details will be available shortly. It is proposed that during the Masterclass attendees will undertake the following:
- Create their own weaponised PDF using a variety of techniques
- Test their PDF on a target
- Reverse engineer weaponised PDF that are in the wild
The masterclass will be kept as practical as possible. Attendees will have to work through a review following the presenter’s instructions and a worksheet on their virtual machines before undertaking practical work by themselves either in pairs or small groups.
A booklet will be provided that will not only have the worksheets for the review and guidance notes for the practical work but also details on the methodology, techniques and tools that can be used.
Attendees are expected to be familiar with Windows and Linux GUI and command line environments. Having knowledge of Kali and Metasploit would be advantageous.
About Geraint Williams:
“I have previously taught Information Security, Ethical Hacking and Digital forensics at the University of Bedfordshire and since then have been a Payment Card Industry Qualified Security Assessor and consultant and have worked with breached companies along with household names to ensure they meet the minimum security requirement to protect cardholder data. I have also worked as an Ethical Hacker and Information security consultant but now the Chief Information Security Officer for GRC International Group.
I am passionate about continued learning and being an evangelist for information security. My interests include electronics as well as computing and been known to turn Arduino and Raspberry Pi’s into hacking tools.”
Geraint is an extremely knowledgeable and experienced Information Security consultant with experience including vulnerability testing, digital forensics, secure networking, and wireless security issues. He has a strong technical knowledge of security and IT infrastructure including high performance computing. Geraint has a number of certifications in security and digital forensics including CISSP, CISA, CEH and CHFI.
This event is being organised by the University of Bedfordshire CST School together with the BCS Student Chapter / Beds Computing SU Society
During office hours
+44 (0)1234 400 400
Outside office hours
+44 (0)1582 74 39 89
Our Tweets: @uniofbeds
Oct 22, 2021
Oct 22, 2021
Oct 22, 2021
Oct 21, 2021
Oct 20, 2021
Oct 20, 2021
Oct 20, 2021
Oct 20, 2021
Oct 19, 2021