Reader in Network Applications
Dr Enjie Liu obtained her BSc in Computer Science at Northwest University, China in June 1987.
She worked on voice/data networking for several years in NPT, a joint venture of Nortel Networks in China.
She got her PhD degree from Queen Mary College, University of London, in March 2002. Her research topic was hybrid queuing model for fast network performance analysis.
She then worked as a research fellow on an EU IST project in the Centre for Communication Systems Research (CCSR) at the University of Surrey .
Dr Liu joined the University of Bedfordshire in September 2003, and is a Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
- Wireless networking
- Data Communications
- Managing Networks
- e-Commerce Technology
- Big data management and mining
- Applications for Internet of Things (IoT)
- Mobility management with Femtecells
- Handset energy efficiency in mobile networks
- ICT Escalator Manage My Healthcare
- ICT Escalator Smart Holders Solutions
- EU FP7 CARRE, local Principle Investigator, 2013, about Euro 423,000
- EPSRC Project on Femtocell, EP/F067364/1, Principle Investigator, 2008. The funding was £83000.
- Nuffield "Newly Appointed Lecturer Grand", Principle Investigator, 2004. The funding was £4400.
- EU FP7 MyhealthAvatar, co-investigator, 2013-2016
- EU FP7 NMS Physiome, co-investigator, 01/01/2010 – 31/12/2012
- EC FP7, ContraCancrum, co-investigator, 2009-2011
- EC FP7, VPHOP, co-investigator, 2008-2012
- EC FP6 RANPLAN-HEC, co-investigator
- EC PF6 LHDL, co-investigator, 2006-2009
- Member of the IRAC: Institute for Research in Applicable Computing
- Member of the CCGV (Centre for Computer Graphics and Visualisation)
- Member of the CWR: Centre for Wireless Research
- UG project coordinator
- Organiser of Femtocell workshop in 2009, 2010
- Reviewer, 'Telecommunication Systems', Kluwer publications, IEEE Transactions on Computers, 'Electronic Commerce Research', Kluwer publications
- Reviewer of IEEE Transaction of Vehicular Communications
- Reviewer of The Computer Journal, Oxford University Press
- Member of Program Committees, IEEE Globecomm, IEEE Wireless Communication & Networking Conference
- The Characterisation and modelling of the wireless propagation channel in small cell scenarios, director of study, awarded
- A liner logic approach to RESTful Web service modelling and composition, director of study, awarded
- Cross-tier handover and interference mitigation in LTE Macrocell-Femtocell Network, director of study, passed viva
- Research on CoMP, second supervisor, awarded
- Empirical Modelling of the Wireless Channel for Femtocell Networks, plan to submit in 6 months, Director of study
- Design of computationally efficient deterministic propagation algorithms for macrocell wireless networks, third supervisor, awarded (2007 – 2010)
- Real-Time Communication with the Timed-Token MAC Protocol, third supervisor, (2005 – 2008)
Dr Enjie Liu
T: +44 (0)1582 734111 ext 2497