Dr Sijing Zhang
Senior Lecturer in Computing and Information Systems
Dr Sijing Zhang obtained his BSc and MSc degrees, both in Computer Science, from Jilin University (Changchun, China) in 1982 and 1988 respectively. He earned a PhD in Computer Science from the University of York (York, UK) in 1997.
Sijing joined the Network Technology Research Centre (NTRC) of Nanyang Technological University (Singapore) as a Post-Doctoral Fellow in 1996, and he then returned to the UK to work as a Research Fellow with the Centre for Communications Systems Research (CCSR) of the University of Cambridge (Cambridge, UK) in 1998.
He joined the University of Derby (Derby, UK) as a Senior Lecturer in 2000. Since October 2004, he has been working as a Senior Lecturer with the University of Bedfordshire.
In his spare time, Sijing enjoys jogging, playing table tennis and some DIY activities at home.
- Data Communications & Computer Networking
- Wireless Networking & Applications
- Parallel & Distributed Computing
- Emerging Technologies
- Computer Architecture and Organisation
- Real-Time Communications over LAN’s and MAN’s
- Real-Time Scheduling Algorithms
- QoS Provisions in Wireless Networks
- Network Protocol Analysis and Performance Evaluation
Sustainable scheduling policies for radio access networks based on LTE technology (2010-2013)
Modelling Indoor Wave Propagation (2008-2011
- Parallel Simulation Studies for 3G/4G Mobile Communication Networks (2006 – 2009)
- IEEE 802.16e Mobile WiMAX Automatic Radio Network Planning (2006 – 2009)
- Developing Agent-based Personalization Support Architecture for Mobile Advertising (2006 – 2009)
- Real-Time Communication with the Timed-Token MAC Protocol (2005 – 2008)
- Member of the IRAC: Institute for Research in Applicable Computing
- Member of the CWIND: Centre for Wireless Network Design
Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IEEE Communications Letters, etc. and several international conferences (e.g., IEEE Infocom, IEEE Globecom).
PhD Examiner, De Montfort University, 2006
Member of Program Committees, 2007 IEEE International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control (ICNSC07, London, UK, 15-17 April 2007), 2007 IEEE International Symposium on Ubisafe Computing (UbiSafe-07, Niagara Falls, Canada, May 21-23, 2007).
Committee Member of the Chinese Automation and Computing Society in the UK
Dr Sijing Zhang
T: +44 (0)1582 743756
During office hours
+44 (0)1234 400 400
Outside office hours
+44 (0)1582 74 39 89