Bedfordshire International Systemic Practice and Research School
6th Bedfordshire International Systemic Summer School
New Territories, New Maps, New Movements
15th - 17th June 2021
This may not be the "normal" summer school but we have still a great programme for you.
- It is free. It is different. Well, you never step into the same river twice.
- This isn't aiming to be an online conference. It's more of a series of participatory place events. A real mix of things.
- Come to as much or as little as you want.
- Watch this space for the programme.
Registration page: newterritories.eventbrite.co.uk
Oh, and while we are in this pandemic holding pattern, we invite you to take an aerial tour of where we will be next year, we hope!
7th Bedfordshire International Systemic
Practice and Research School
2nd - 6th May 2022
Brathay Hall, Ambleside, Lake District, UK
This is slow conferencing. It is a participatory event stretching over three days for people who want to reflect with others, have deep dialogue and walk and talk by the shores of Lake Windermere. It is a place for reflexive practitioners - especially those interested in systemic, social constructionist, dialogical, narrative, appreciative and collaborative ways of inquiring. This event is for people working across the many leafy and overlapping branches of systemic practice: organisational or team consultation, leadership, therapy, social work, education, coaching, social justice and community work.
The Spring School re-frames everyday reflexive practice as a form of collaborative action research. Of course, we are always reviewing what we do and imagining what else to try. This is the ethical backbone of systemic practice off which all else hangs. The Spring School provides a different space, one in which we can look again, as if for the first time, and see what we learn about our own practice, ourselves and each other. We do this through dialogue and connecting, using foreign and indigenous ways of knowing, through performance and play, and by just being in the stunning landscape of the English Lake District.
And what else?
- Workshops by supervisors and researchers on the Professional Doctorate in Systemic Practice
- Pop-up spaces for spontaneous dialogue
- Performative readings of one's own or other people's writings
- Symposium on the future of systemic training programmes
- A participatory art installation
- Early morning trip to Castlerigg Stone Circle
- Canoeing on Lake Windermere
- Early morning meditation
- The Spring School Dinner
- and more
Hosted by the Professional Doctorate in Systemic Practice at the University of Bedfordshire www.beds.ac.uk/pdsp
How to book
Please complete and send this booking form whether you pay by BACS (no booking fee) or on Eventbrite (booking fee applies). Payment is required at the time of booking your place.
The fee includes attendance at the Spring School and includes lunches, refreshments and the conference dinner.
To be announced
Accommodation is not included in the Spring School fee. There are a range of rooms available on site at Brathay Hall. Book by ringing them directly 015394 33041 and say you are booking for the Bedfordshire Spring School to get the special rate. There are also many hotels and bed and breakfasts in nearby Ambleside, a 10 - 15 minute walk from Brathay Hall. Have a look at Tripadvisor for reviews and recommendations in Ambleside.
Book for the Bedfordshire International Systemic Spring School: systemicspring.eventbrite.co.uk
Programmes from previous schools
- 5th Bedfordshire Systemic Practice and Research School 2019 [PDF]
- 4th Bedfordshire Systemic Practice and Research School 2018 [PDF]
- 3rd Bedfordshire Systemic Practice and Research School 2017 [PDF]
- 2nd Bedfordshire Systemic Practice and Research School 2016 [PDF]
- 1st Bedfordshire Systemic Practice and Research School 2015 [PDF]