Bullying and harassment

It’s not ok to bully or harass others... Call it out

Bullying and harassment is unacceptable behaviour that is intimidating, insulting or threatening, and can have a long-term impact on someone who experiences it.

This kind of behaviour is not tolerated at the University and disciplinary action may be taken against any student or staff who commits such acts.

If you are experiencing bullying or harassment, you need to know that you are not to blame and you can access support. Talking to someone you trust such as a friend or tutor can help, or you can speak to a Student Engagement Advisor in confidence.

If you witness bullying or harassment, it is important to speak up and report it:

  • If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you should call 999 straight away.
  • You can call the security team for assistance on 0800 389 8455 or, if you are on campus, visit any reception or Student Information Desk to ask for help.
  • If you are not in any immediate risk and want to raise a concern around a non-critical incident, you can use the link below to report a concern.

Tell us what happened

  • You may wish to talk to a friend. Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help.
  • A student Engagement Advisor - An advisor can talk through the University's procedures, how to make a complaint and what support is available, in confidence.
  • Beds SU’s Welfare and Advice Serviceis not attached to the University and offers an impartial service where an advisor can talk to you. This support includes checking draft complaints and attending any meetings with the University.

  • Support and Report Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Support and Report form. Concerns will be viewed by senior management at the University and your concerns will be fed in to the appropriate team to respond to you
  • If you wish to make a formal complaint against a staff or student at the University, there are formal processes to do this. They can be found on the complaints section of the University website

1 in 4 people is affected by a mental health problem in any year and it is estimated that around 1 in 5 people has contemplated suicide or self-harm. It’s important that you take care of yourself. If you’ve heard something distressing or if something is troubling you, find out more on the support available for mental health and wellbeing


University switchboard
During office hours
(Monday-Friday 08:30-17:00)
+44 (0)1234 400 400

Outside office hours
(Campus Watch)
+44 (0)1582 74 39 89



International office

Student support