Bedfordshire Bulls is the name of all the competitive sports teams that represent the University of Bedfordshire. We have over 40 teams and over 500 students competing in the British Universities and Colleges Sports (BUCS) Leagues, as well as other national competitions and leagues.
Fancy playing Competitive Sport?
Some clubs require you to go through a trial to get onto a team, but most clubs offer opportunities to attend taster sessions during Welcome Week and join regardless of whether you have played before or not. You can find out more about each club by visiting their page, and in September you can speak to the current members of any club at the Freshers Fair on Luton and Bedford campuses.
Competitive Sports Membership
Once you have decided to join the Bedfordshire Bulls you will then need to pay for a Competitive Sport membership, this includes:
Sports Fee (standard for each club) £80, which covers:
- essential equipment to host a home fixture or competition,
- facility hire for training and competitive fixtures,
- affiliation fees and entry fees to your sports’ governing body or competition entries,
- transport to and from away fixtures or competitions,
- accommodation for weekend competitions if required, and
- most importantly, insurance cover.
Club Subs (differs for each sport determined by students sports committee), which covers:
- new training equipment,
- qualified coaches to manage your team,
- additional travel or affiliation fees, and
- branded team ‘stash’.
How to pay
- Online - click on the sport you wish to join below and pay via debit card.
- Offline - visit one of our sports receptions (Aspire gym) at Bedford or Luton to pay via Beds Money Card or cash.
Please visit the team you wish to join to get the exact competitive sports fee. If you wish to play for more than one team please come to one of our receptions as you would be required to pay the extra subs for the additional club.