Executive Dean Business School since December 2019 .
Having worked in Higher Education for almost 30 years Chris has covered a variety of Academic roles from Senior Lecturer, Principal Lecturer in Human Resource Management to Director of Postgraduate Studies, Head of Business School and since 2007 - an Associate Dean most recently specialising in international development and recruitment.
For the last twenty years Chris has engaged heavily in the development of international recruitment strategies in China and India and SE Asia. Since 1994 he has actively developed a wide range of UG and PG international partnerships across Asia, Europe, Africa and the Caribbean.
Prior to working in Higher Education Chris worked in Corporate Human Resourcing and Staff Development in the electronics and manufacturing industries including Philips, GEC and the shipbuilding industry.
Entering Higher Education, Chris was motivated by the interest in creating innovative management development interventions and designing practice-based curriculum that enhanced leadership performance and employability for younger students and trained as an organisational coach he has worked extensively on work-based partnerships in MBA, foundation degrees and short course programmes.
Chris has taught widely across undergraduate and postgraduate courses including corporate awards, extending to the provision of short courses for international managers such as China’s business clubs and provincial government collaborations. Chris has worked extensively on the curriculum and programme design and leadership of postgraduate, work-based learning, HRM and specialised areas of business and leadership.
- MBA - Durham University
- PG Diploma in Human Resource Management
- BA – Newcastle University
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development – CIPD
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Strategy in Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Development
- Organisational Development and Change
- Developments in UK Transnational Education
- Talent Management and the Strategic deployment of human resource in corporations
- External Examiner across 16 HEI’s – 1992-2018
- Member Chartered Association International Steering Group – 2012 present
- International Approval Panel Memberships – ongoing since 2013
- School Governor 2006 – 2019
- QAA Subject Reviewer – 2000-2003
- CIPD Quality Assurance Panel Member 1996-2005
- Academic Team Leader
- Director of Postgraduate Studies
- Head of Business School
- Chair of Collaborative Programmes
- Associate Dean International Development
- Associate Dean Recruitment, International & Partnerships UOB since 2017
- QS Apple 2015: International Transnational Partnerships between UK and Kenya
- CABS 2014 – A Case Study in Delivering UK TNE: Faculty Senior Administrators Conference
- CABS 2018 – Workshop on Future Proofing UK Transnational partnerships CABS National Conference
- CABS 2019 – Workshop, Developments in Transnational Education. CABS National Conference
- CABS 2020 – Key note: Developing International Strategies – CABS International Steering Group Conference for Staff engaged in International Activities.
T: + 44(0)1582 743207
During office hours
+44 (0)1234 400 400
Outside office hours
+44 (0)1582 74 39 89