The International Centre is co-facilitating a CSE knowledge transfer project with The Queen's University of Belfast, Barnardo's NI and the Centre for Effective Services.
The work has been funded by the Public Health Agency NI to disseminate the findings of previous research conducted by Dr Beckett 'Not a World Away: The Sexual Exploitation of Children and Young People in Northern Ireland' [PDF] in light of subsequent learning in NI and elsewhere in the UK.
The project will run from autumn 2013 to spring 2015 and include a series of different knowledge transfer activities.
Some of these will be specific to those working in Northern Ireland, but elements of interest to a wider audience include:
- A review of existing CSE literature and the development of accessible thematic summaries;
- The development of a CSE knowledge hub to include research summaries, products from the KT process and a database of resources (tools, case reviews etc) – to go live in autumn 2014;
- Shared principles for working with young people affected by CSE, developed by professionals and service users – due spring 2015;
- An awareness raising resource on CSE developed by young people, for young people – due winter 2014;
- Evaluating the screening tool used in the 2011 NI research and, taking account of models used elsewhere, consider learning for risk assessing CSE.
Please contact Helen Beckett email@example.com if you would like any further information on this project.