Resources for young people
Films by young people
These films were made by young people from eight different youth projects across England for their peers, professionals and policy-makers.
They look at what needs to be done to address the issues of gang-associated sexual violence and exploitation.
Manchester Active Voices/Community Change Foundation
A film by young women from Manchester Active Voices shot over five days in October 2012.
I Define Me shares their views and experiences of growing up in gang-affected areas.
The following short film shows young men and their youth worker engaged in the Enthusiasm project, an initiative for young people in gang-associated areas.
It presents their ideas for supporting other young men to leave gangs.
City United and St George’s Hub Birmingham
A film by a group of young women from City United and St George's Hub shot over five days in August 2012.
It is part of their response to issues associated with young women, gangs, sex and relationships.
Jigsaw 4U, Alford House, NSPCC, London
A film by a group of young people from different areas in London shot over two weeks in August 2013.
Love, Sex, Conflict is their response to issues associated with young women and men, gangs, sex and relationships.
Publications by, and for, young people
- Young people's research summary 'Learning about online sexual harm' [PDF]
- 'In a New Light: Photographs and Words from the 'Having our Say Project' [PDF]
- 'Children's Voices' report on how the police respond to worries about a young person's safety [PDF]
- 'They don't talk about it enough', report on the 2014 consultations with Youth Advisors for 'Our Voices' [PDF]
- It's Wrong but You Get Used to it'. Sexual violence and exploitation in gangs. Young People's Report [PDF]
- 'One of the Gang?'. Films made by young people about being involved with a gang [PDF]
- 'Out of the Box: Young People's Stories' [PDF]
- AYPH 'Be Healthy' Project booklet [PDF]
- 'What Works for Us' - Young People's Advisory Group Annual Report 2010-2011