The 'Our Voices' project was a three-year, pan-European initiative to promote the involvement of young people in efforts to prevent sexual violence against children across Europe.
The work was funded by the Oak Foundation and ran from 2013 to 2016.
Project elements included:
Working together with children and young people
- Developing and supporting a pan-European network of youth advisors
- Supporting a number of youth-led activities that will explore the scale, nature, and impact of sexual violence
- Identifying opportunities and events for young people to share their work and views
Working together with projects
- Collaborating with projects to develop participatory work with children at risk of or affected by sexual violence
- Documenting learning on engaging with young people affected by sexual violence through participatory activities
- Developing a database of projects
- Creating a knowledge bank of resources, models and tools on young people's participation to prevent sexual violence against children
- Promoting learning and debate through online exchanges and workshops
For further information on this project see the Our Voices Programme - www.our-voices.org.uk or contact Claire Cody at email@example.com